Alooooha!! I'm so excited about this post!! My LSS, Island Paperie has recently launched their online store and in celebration they're hosting a super fun challenge over at Papercraft Planet (with a $25 gift certificate going to the winner)! I'll be doing some design work for Island Paperie in the months ahead, so you'll be seeing more Aloha projects soon!! Here are the challenge details and my sample card:
Island Paperie is a locally owned scrapbook store located in historic Wailuku Town here on the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii. Island Paperie specializes is Hawaiian / Tropical themed paper crafting supplies and recently launched their online store. To celebrate and help promote their new online store, Island Paperie is hosting this fun Inspiration Challenge, open to all participants. There will be a random drawing from all participants to win a $25 gift certificate to Island Paperie!!! (each participant will have a chance for their name to be entered twice into the drawing).
The Challenge details:
1. Join the Island Paperie group on Papercraft Planet
2. Check out the Inspiration piece here in the Island Paperie store - it's a piece of 12x12 paper from Island Paperie's signature line.
3. Create any type of papercrafted project that your heart desires (scrapbook page, card, mini album, altered item, etc) using the inspiration piece as a starting off point for your project - maybe you're inspired by the colors or basic design elements of the paper. Whatever. Be creative.
4. Post a photo of your project on PCP with the tag IPIC1 (for Island Paperie Inspiration Challenge #1) so I can find it and pull it into our album.
5. To be entered into the drawing a second time, post your project on your blog with links to the challenge and to Island Paperie (Don't forget to link us up to your blog post in the Island Paperie group so we know you did it).
6. HAVE FUN!!!
Deadline is 11:59 pm Hawaii time December 27, 2008. Winner will be announced December 28.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
Island Paperie products are not required, but we'll be giving out special RAKs randomly to anyone sporting Island Paperie goodies in their projects throughout the next few months - so if you got 'em, use 'em!! (be sure to use the tag IP for any projects using their products on PCP so we can find them)!!!
OK, here is my sample card:
I actually used the Inspiration piece of paper, pink and green hibiscus, cutting out the large hibiscus, bottom border and some leaves and layering them with dimensionals on some yummy textured bazzill paper. I stamped the Aloha Sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed with white powder.
So what do you think?