Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #157

It's Sunday and that means it's time for another fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! That sneaky Karen got a darn tilted panel in there this week!! ugh.


I *really* don't like tilted panels - AS KAREN KNOWS - I never know quite what angle to set the panel at and always end up feeling like I either tilt it too much (as was the case with this one) or not enough. Most of the time I end up just skipping the tilting altogether and make it straight, but I thought I'd comply this week since I've been late with post pretty much this entire year! ;-)


Not my favorite card ever, but it'll do. I made it for a friend who will be starting a fun new job soon. I pulled some old October Afternoon papers out of my stash and used some neglected PTI stamp sets - Modern Wood Mats and Simple Sentiments, added a die cut felt flower and some buttons and called it done.

Be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch:
AND...we have another fabulous Guest Sweet Sunday Stamper, Tarynne Wise! Be sure to stop by and see what she's created with this week's sketch too!

Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

5 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I knew I'd wear you down eventually! LOL! I can totally picture you sitting at your desk with the sketch printed out, holding a protractor, getting that angle just perfect. hehe!! Your card is perfect!! I love it - love the mix of papers and your angle is spot on. Even if you don't like it, the rest of the world will ;)

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute, and I love that you complied and used the tilted panel!!! It didn't hurt too bad did it? I love the papers and sentiment banner!! Happy Sunday my sweet friend!!

Dana White said...

You did a great job tilting that panel! Love the colours

Lisa H. said...

well, I love this, tilted panel and ALL! diggin' the woodgrain.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am a newbie to cardmaking and i already know that I don't like tilts in my cards either. but I have a newbie question: Which brand does PTI stand for? I love the sentiment you used and I would love to get it! Thanks and keep creating!