Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Project Life Update

It's been awhile since I shared any of my Project Life pages and I thought I'd try to get back in the habit of posting those here if there's an interest. I still LOVE this project and I'm so so proud of myself for staying caught up ALL. YEAR. LONG! Stamping and card-making have admittedly been put on the back burner a bit this year as much of my crafty time has been spent on Project Life. But that's OK, because my albums are amazing. I love seeing Dean sit and look through the albums and laugh and I love sitting and looking back on those everyday moments and remembering the little things that I likely would have already forgotten if it wasn't for this project. So anyway, moving along...today I'm just going to start where I am and share Week 32 with you. I actually have through Week 33 completed, so I'll try to come back in a few days and share Week 33 as well. And then if I stay motivated, I'll try to do a post or 2 each week - sharing the previous week's layout as well as one of my old layouts until I'm all caught up with sharing. I know I find SO MUCH inspiration from other Project Lifers out there, so hopefully some of you might find some inspiration from my shares.

Week 32: August 5 - August 11, 2012 - a look at both pages together (sorry for the poor quality photo):


So, this was the second week of First Grade for Dean and we were in full-blown Olympics Obsession around here! Looking closer at the left side of the layout, you can see that Dean's been doing a lot of comic-book reading, specifically Calvin and Hobbes. I love to hear him cracking up while reading these books! We also bought The Lorax DVD this week and had a Movie Night at Tutu's. I flew through this month's Book Club pick, The Chaperone.


And from the right side of the page, you can see that Dean did some learning with his Break Your Own Geodes kit that he got for Christmas last year (he's sort of been hoarding those geodes and only breaking a few at a time!). He also put on quite the Olympics-inspired Rhythmic Gymnastics performance! Saturday Joel and I voted in the Primary Election, which provided a fun Current Event documentation moment for Project Life!

  
And finally, my favorite part of this week's layout - don't kids say the funniest things? This is a perfect example of one of those everyday moments that probably wouldn't normally get documented, but I'm SO glad I'll have evidence of 20+ years from now!! Two hilarious Dean conversations overheard and documented...
   
So that about sums up Week 33. Below are links to several of the products I used this week. If I forget to link something that you're interested in, just ask! And please let me know what you think. Do you want me to keep sharing my Project Life pages? Do you want to see past weeks or just my current pages? 

2 comments:

Katie said...

I really like that book flair and the love card.

Charlotte said...

I love all your instagram pics on the 4x6 cards, looks great!