Friday, September 19, 2008

Exciting Mikkel News & projects

So, not only did I have a huge announcement today, but one of my fave designers, Mikkel Paige, is spilling the beans on a little announcement of her own! She's opened her own store at the Digichick! WE GET TO BE CHICKS TOGETHER!!!! YAY!! As part of her grand opening, Mikkel is also releasing some great new kits. Here are a few projects for ya....

I made this adorable Coaster Album for my good friend Alanna using these amazing pictures of her son, Micah. Photography is by the oh-so-talented Zach Wear of Revert Imaging (You MUST check out his work - AMAZING - and if you're in the Denver area - book a session. I'm still trying to convince him to fly to Maui for a photo session with my family!!!!). Anyway, I used Mikkel's new Henny Penny kit for most of the project, with a few elements from Frog Prince thrown in as well. I used Mod Podge to adhere my printed pages to the Coasters, punched some holes with my Crop-o-dile, added some book rings and some coordinating ribbon - and Alanna has herself a great little gift on it's way!!! Here's another mini album using one of Mikkel's newer kits, this time Swim Fins. I used a Cosmo Cricket Jack's blackboard album for this cute little project. (this time, photography by the not-so-talented Jen Tapler....please come to Maui Zach!!!!!!).
Here's another cute little Swim Fins project...some Post-it notes and bookmarks. You can see a tutorial on how to make these simple post-it note covers here.
And finally, another cute mini album with more Revert Imaging Photography. These pics don't do this project justice - it turned out sooo cute!!! And the colors from Mikkel's new Neighborhood Groove kit were PERFECT for these beautiful photos of Micah and his parents in downtown Denver! This album uses 2 pieces from the Stampin' Up Book Basics (small) pack. The inside pages are just the printed pages glued back to back! I used my bind-it-all to add the binding and threw on some ribbon and twine to finish it up.Don't forget, all of Mikkel's kits (and there are seriously A LOT of them) are 20% off this weekend at her Digichick store!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Which modpodge do you normally use? Also do you have a template for your paperclip? Do you just use Cardstock and how do you attach it to the clip?

I don't know how you keep coming up with so many cute ideas as well as the time to get them done!!!!! Thanks for all of your ideas and congrats on your new CT work!
Diney

dianemccurdy@msn.com