Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just Because

I'm so excited for this Friday! My good friend Sarah is coming over to spend the day stamping and she's bringing her Mom, Leslie, with her! This will be my first time hanging out with Leslie, but we chat online often and I can't wait for "Maui Craft Day '09"!!! Leslie lives on Oahu, which is the only reason "Maui Craft Day" doesn't happen more often! (and don't ask me why Sarah and I don't get together more often to stamp....we'll have to figure that out). Anyway, several months ago when Sarah was home on Oahu for the weekend, Leslie sent her back to Maui with the most adorable altered composition book for me. (Sorry I don't have a photo to share with you - but I use it daily at work!!!). Soooo, I wanted to create a little gift for Leslie. (Sorry Sarah....you'll have to settle with my company as a consolation prize! ha!). Anyway, I think Leslie's flying in to Maui Thursday and I hope that means she won't see this post before Friday. Leslie, if you see it....you can just pretend to be surprised on Friday!!!

So here's what I made for Leslie....I printed digi papers from Our Story by Scrapkitchen Designs (Sweet Shoppe) and combined with some Mod Podge, covered a little Paper Mache box. I wrapped some Hershey's Nuggets to fill the box, added some ribbon and a little gift tag. The gift tag is stamped with the "Just Because" stamp from Verve's Fluttering By set.For the matching card, I used the same papers and Julee's MoJo Monday sketch #74. The "smile" sentiment is from Verve's All About You set and the flower is from Abundant Blessings.

AND...if you haven't stopped by Verve to stock up during the big sale, there's only a few days left!! Julee's making room for the GINORMOUS release coming up on March 8 and has some AMAZING deals that you don't want to miss out on!!! All of the regularly priced $24 sets are on sale for $18; All regularly priced $18 sets are on sale for $15; and all regularly priced $15 sets on on sale for $12!!!!

2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That is so cute! You did a great job on it!

Justine said...

I love this gift. She is going to love it