Saturday, April 25, 2009

PTI Blog Hop


This is my first time participating in a Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, but when I saw that the challenge was to create a project with one of Lauren Meader's My Timeless Templates, I knew I had to participate!! If you're a regular blog reader you know I'm a sucker for all things gift-y!


Remember the card I made for Aunty Joyce earlier this week using Lauren's Saturday Sketch #30? Well, I also created this adorable gift set to go with it using Lauren's From the Desk Of template. I once again used PTI's Teacher's Apple stamp set along with Kraft & Chocolate Chip CS and A Walk in the Park DP (SU) paired with Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basics. I love this color combo together with this stamp set!!

Inside Aunty's Joyce's Desktop Organizer is a little bunch of pencils wrapped with ribbon and embellished with a red button, an altered post-it note pad, a 4x6 covered notepad and matching pen, an altered jumbo binder clip, and a little mint tin filled with stickers she can use on student's artwork and projects. I made the stickers by stamping various apples onto Avery label paper and punching out with a circle punch. I also made several "A+" stickers by stamping the "A" from PTI's Fresh Alphabet along with the "I" stamped both vertically and horizontally to create the "+"....yeah, I'm pretty clever like that!! ha!

Here's a closer look at some of the individual items inside the desktop organizer:
So what do you think? Be sure to head on over to the Papertrey Forum and check out the links to all the other Blog Hop participants!!!

ETA: HERE is a link to an old tutorial I wrote for the Post-It note cover. I know there are lots like it out there, but thought I would share.

51 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Jen, this ROCKS!! I have this Teacher's Apple set and have yet to get it inky! You have totally inspired me, girl!! Thank you!!!

Nancy L. said...

Awesome project!!

Kelly Braund said...

Oh, this turned out great! LOVE it!

Lori said...

Jen, this is a great teacher gift! I would have loved one of these for my desk when I was a classroom teacheer!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

SUPER cute!

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers Jen! I love every single aspect of your project! Love the colours you chose!

Natasha said...

Wow! What an amazingly detailed project! Love everything, especially the colours!

Janelle said...

Wow! What a complete gift set! I'm sure Aunty Joyce was thrilled to receive it.

Erin said...

What a great gift for a teacher!! It's amazing! Great work!

AKiteFlier said...

Jen what a ROCKIN AWESOME gift set - wow as a past teacher I would have LOVED to get something like this - welcome to Blog Hop and come on back next time!

Jen Caputo said...

Holy cow!! What an amazing gift this would be. Just beautiful!

Maureen V said...

THis is beautiful!

Marie said...

Such a great idea for a teacher gift, and I love your color combo!

Sarah W. said...

Wow, this is really nice. So bright and cheerful!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a fun set! I don't have that stamp set yet, but it is on the list.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is beyond awesome! It's so neat and clean and perfect!

Anonymous said...

Please don't take this the wrong way but you MADE this!!!! Unbeleiveable! Seriously, it is so professional looking. It rocks GF!

anya said...

Great job, Jen! I am sure this gift will be appreciated!

Marge said...

What do I think--FABULOUS!!! What a wonderful gift--to give as well as receive!!!

Vicky said...

This is so cool! Love this entire set - great job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute, Jen!

peggysue said...

This is an amazing little project. Looks great! And I'm even impressed by how you lined up your photos . . . that's what I wanted mine to do and they didn't . . . :)

lisa808 said...

What a great gift for a teacher!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Good grief is that every amazing! Love your take on the template. Super cute gift :D

Regan said...

simply stunning!!!

Tricia T said...

Wow! Absolutely Fabulous!!

Deanna said...

Wow wow wow, this totally rocks!

Betsy V said...

This is so bright and fresh and perfect! Great project!!

Lori Y. said...

FANTASTIC project! I love the color combo--so vibrant. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy H. said...

This is so darling. I love the green and red together.

ohradiogirl said...

Wow, what's not to like? Great job.

Donelda said...

wow, super cute project!! Any teacher would love it!!

Diane said...

This is soooooooo wonderful!!! I LOVE it!!!

As a teacher, I might just have to CASE it!

Kim said...

This is beautiful! I love the bright cheery colors.

Susan said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!!

ljurecek said...

I'm a sucker for "gift-y" items myself. This is just fantastic!

BethieJ said...

LOVE this.. what a GREAT gift!!! So cute.. Great job!

Patti said...

The pen...I never would have thought of that. Everything is great.

Jennifer L. said...

Love the colors. The whole project looks so crisp and bright.

Ally said...

Holy moly! What a beautiful gift set!

Dana Gustafson said...

A plus for your efforts!! Any teacher would love to see this on their desk everyday. bravo girl!

Terri said...

Very cool! I bet any teacher would love it.

Lee said...

Your project is stunning.

Joan Ottevanger said...

This is so lovely just a great gift I loved it

CherylQuilts said...

What a fabulous set!!

Victoria Hassink said...

I will have to buy this template just because your project is so awesome!

Allison said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Lisa H. said...

yep, this totally rocks! great colors and great design.

Cheryl said...

Amazing! What a great teacher gift. I love the colors, too.

Babies-Beth said...

Such a great gift for a teacher! The colors nad papers are great!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

lovely! Makes wish I was teacher.