Sunday, May 10, 2009

How Convenient...

....that Dawn McVey's latest Raspberry Suite Color Challenge just happened to be these colors!
I had already started on a baby card and had plans to finish up the gift this weekend when I saw her post and the colors matched pretty well with what I was creating!! One of my coworkers had a baby girl April 30 and I was in need of a small gift. I decided to use Scattered Showers to create a card, onesie and matching gift box and think it turned out sooo cute!
I used Lauren's Perfect Matchbox Timeless Template for the packaging. The onesie was created with Avery dark t-shirt iron-on transfer sheets, by stamping directly on the transfer sheets and then ironing on according to instructions. It all came together relatively quickly and I think Mom and Baby will be pleased.

Stamps: Scattered Showers, Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, White CS; Text-style Pink Patterns (PTI)
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Accessories: Sweet Blush double stitched ribbon, Sweet Blush buttons, Black buttons (all PTI); Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Jumbo Eyelet, Slit punch (SU); Hemp Twine; Gerber Onesie; Dark T-shirt Iron-On Transfers (Avery);
My Timeless Template - Perfect Matchbox

And finally, I thought I'd share this cute pic of Dawn and I a few weeks ago in Kaanapali. Dawn and her hubby were on Maui for a few days while on a Hawaiian Cruise. Joel and I met them at Hula Grill in Kaanapali for a yummy dinner and then we all shared a Hula Pie from Leilani's on the Beach (and we literally sat on the ground on the beach, breaking our plastic utensils fighting over the oreo crust!!). It was so fun to spend a few hours with Dawn and her husband! She's such a cutie and so sweet (one of those stunningly perfect girls that you'd love to hate, but you just can't because she's too darn sweet!!). ha! Anyway, the beautiful sunset was a great end to a fun evening with new friends.

11 comments:

Codi Jo said...

oh my goodness what a cute box,gift and card. i am totally inspired this morning. That's a gorgeous picture of you and your daughter.

Unknown said...

What a totally adorable set. I too, think the recipient will be more than pleased! I've known Dawn for a long time, but have yet to meet her IRL -- shee oozes sweetness, doesn't she?? :) Have a super day!

Karen said...

Oh goodness! The cuteness quotient is off the charts here!! I just love the umbrella on the onesie and can imagine any mom-to-be just loving the whole gift! :>

Angie said...

Wonderful project! And I love the new blog style. AND, I'm a bit jealous that you got to met Dawn and that she got to meet you!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome onesie!! Love your little box, too! It all looks so perfect!

Dana said...

This is such a gorgeous project!! What a great idea to stamp on the transfer sheets. I would have never thought of that. Love your box and card, too.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely adorable! What a great gift.

Winter said...

Oh my gosh! How cute! I love the onesie, Dawn will too! Did you just use regular ink for the transfer? I love the box too, great job! Top pick for sure!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Me and the girls are doing a PTI order tonight and I was unsure whether to get this one or the beach one...Now I am really unsure as I love what you did on this one!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, how was meeting Dawn?

Allison said...

What a super cute gift set!