Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beep.

Well, good news!! Tropical Storm Felicia has pretty much been dying a slow and painful death as she moves across Hawaiian waters, so all that preparation was just as I expected - for nothing!! Oh well. Better safe than sorry, right? We have been getting a lot of rain in Kahului today, but we needed it.

Anyway, it's Wednesday again already and that means I have another cute little project to share using product from ABC Toys & Crafts. This week I decided to make a SUPER simple card (shocking, I know) using my Slice digital cutter. Check it out:

Cute, yeah? I used the new Big Kids Design Card to cut out the 3 robots from textured Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and So Saffron CS, mounting them on a Kraft base with a little Chocolate Chip mat for definition. The sentiment, a simple "beep" (which in my mind is robot-speak for "hello") was also cut out using the Big Kids Design Card from Chocolate Chip CS. I love this clean and simple layout and it was so quick and easy to make, yet so effective and PERFECT for little boys (who are notoriously hard to craft for). I can see myself using the Slice and this particular card layout over and over again (with different shapes and colors of course) to create a whole series of cards. Be watching the ole blog for more like this soon!!

ABC Toys & Crafts has a HUGE selection of Slice Design Cards and Accessories. They also have a few good sales going on right now - with items like Inkadinkado stamps and Primas marked down. Head on over and check them out!!

Thanks for stopping by!
- Jen

5 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Totally cute and totally boy. LOVE the "beep."

So, do you like the Slice, now? I've gotta know!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Love it! I gave myself permission to make a simple card like this last night and it...felt...GOOD! :) I love your huge "beep." THat makes me smile.

So glad the storm fizzled out!

Anthonette said...

Robots...gotta love them!

I'm glad Felicia is not going to be a problem.

Justine said...

Great little guy card Jen, very fun and happy. You are really having fun with that Slice, huh?

wendyp said...

how cute are those robots! And I love the primary colors with the kraft!!!! Fantastic card, Jen!