Friday, March 5, 2010

Big Wish Sneak Peek

I'm back with a little Sneaky Peeky of the new Verve set Big Wish!! This set of 14 stamps includes 13 FABULOUS birthday themed sentiments in almost as many different fonts - and we all know that Julee is famous for the fabulous-ness of her fonts!! ;-) There's also a really cool birthday image in the set (head over to the Big Wish Sneak Peek post on the Verve Blog to see what fellow Diva Michelle did with the image - it's stunning!!). Bold
I was in need of a card for an 8-yr-old girl and came up with this hybrid thing...

I used the "Enjoy your day" sentiment from the new Big Wish set (I'm serious when I say the hardest thing about this card was deciding which sentiment to use!) and stamped directly onto some of this yummy printed digi paper from the Cottontail kit by Libby Weifenbach (Sweet Shoppe). I added some Old Olive ribbon and a glittered up chipboard 8 for accent. I glittered my 8 using the Glazed Glitter Technique I learned from fellow diva Jen del Muro. Although mine doesn't look as good as hers - I have to admit that this was the first time I had EVER used that Crystal Effects stuff (I'm tellin' ya, I'm so NOT a technique girl! - this is about as complicated as I get! LOL).

Don't forget to stop by the Verve Blog throughout the day today. It's Release Day and Julee and the Divas have a full day of Sneak Peeks and Challenges lined up all day today and we're finishing it off with a live chat in the Verve Forum over at SCS at 9:00 pm Eastern Time, followed by a Blog Hop!!

1 comment:

Anthonette said...

I saw your card last week and didn't get a chance to tell you how much I loved it. I also want to try out the Glazed Glitter Technique. That number 8 looks fabulous!