Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SFYTT catch-up

ACCCK! I think I'm just BARELY getting this in before the deadline. I had this scheduled to publish this morning - or at least I THOUGHT I did - but it didn't publish, so I'm shoving it on through tonight. Glad I checked!!

So here I am catching up with my Sketch For You To Try cards - I'll be sharing 2 of my cards with you on this post - between February feeling like it was just crazy busy and then all the Tsunami madness, I'm still playing catch-up, so forgive me for overloading these in a single post!! Anyway, here they are:


This first one is for the Feb 20 sketch, which I struggled with initially - all those squares threw me for a loop!! This is the card that inspired my Sweet Sunday Sketch card for this week as well (I actually had this card completed first, but had to post the other one first!). Anyway, it's a hybrid card using printed digi papers from the Own It digi kit by Lauren Grier and Shawna Clingerman (Sweet Shoppe) as well as the Verve stamp sets Seeing Stars and Bountiful Backgrounds.

This second card uses the Feb 27 Sketch and is another hybrid creation, this time a special appreciation card for Dean's preschool teacher. I used printed digi papers and embellishments from It's Elementary by Dani Mogstad (Sweet Shoppe) and the Teacher's Apple stamp set from PTI.

Well, that's it from me today! I'm so glad tomorrow is Wednesday (one of my days off work during the week)!! I have a full day of cleaning, laundry, and visiting my Dad planned - and I'm hoping to get some stamping time in there somewhere!!! :-)

4 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Both of those cards are wonderful! I love how fun the first one is! Great use of all the various design elements!

Evan's Eclipse said...

Love the cards, especially the teacher one. Can I ask how you attach your ribbons to your cards?

thanks!

Leslie said...

Lovin that teacher card!!! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe neither of us won!!! I mean come on, look at your last two, we frigin rock!!