Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #69

Gosh, I just can't seem to get into a regular blogging routine lately. It's not for a lack of good intentions. I'm still playing catch-up after we all passed around the nastiness / sickies last month and I've been working an extra half-day the last few weeks while a coworker is on vacation. It's amazing what that extra 4 hrs a week will do to you! LOL. Not to mention we've been having weird power outages all week - 4 times this week we've lost power, and of course it's always at the time when I happen to feel like I might sit down and try to catch up on some blogging or surfing. ugh!

Anyway, here I am again - another whole week has gone by and I'm back with another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge sample to share with you! Here's the sketch:


Now, I have to admit that I struggled with this one and I don't love my result. I went through SEVERAL throw-aways before I finally gave up and settled for this one!


I used 2 of my favorite new Verve sets - Relax to create the background with some Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, and the rest is from Happy Days. The DP is printed digi paper from Jump by Fee Jardine (Sweet Shoppe).

Be sure to check out the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with the sketch:
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you go with the digi papers! You always have such fun ones.

Love all that background embossing, I'm cracking up that so many of us used kraft in our cards this week. What are the chances?

Karen Motz said...

You and Karen are sharing a brain, using the same stamp set for this sketch. Eventhough you don't love this card, I think it's spectacular!!!

Julie said...

Nice card great colours

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable! Love the BG embossing!

Anthonette said...

Hi Jen, great Father's Day card! I like that sketch.

Karen Giron said...

How funny - we both used the same stamp and both are feeling a little iffy about our result! I happen to LOVE yours! The embossed background looks fab on the kraft!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jen. The background embossing is great. Nadia

Jo said...

I love it! Love the colours

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card! I love the clear embossed background and these bold colors with this cool image!