Thursday, May 20, 2010

The World

I'm finally getting around to sharing with you one of my favorite cards I created using Verve's latest release. Julee always amazes me with her seemingly limitless ability to come up with the perfect quotes to turn into stamps AND match them up with the most beautiful fonts! This One Person stamp is no exception:


Now, if you're a regular blog reader you know that I don't normally do a lot of coloring. I'm just too lazy. I normally like to finish up a card in half an hour or less and if it takes longer than that I start to get frustrated with the process. But those awesome flowers were just SCREAMING at me to pull out my much-neglected Copics and color them!! I am FAR from a Copic coloring expert, but I must say I was pretty proud of how those flowers turned out! (but they did take FOREVER). I took the colors from the striped Scenic Route DP I chose to use - doesn't this card look nice and Spring-like?

6 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

it looks fabulous, the coloring of the flowers are perfect with that Scenic Route paper-always love your bright colors.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE every bit of this Jen! The colors are SO striking and the design is FABULOUS!!!!

Alyssa S said...

You are truly a creative genius if you can normally make the amazing cards you make in about a 1/2 hour!! This is breathtakingly beautiful! I love your coloring on those absolutely gorgeous flowers! Great card :o)

Ida said...

Delightful card. The colors of the flowers are so pretty and look wonderful with the paper. Great sentiment.

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love your flowers! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this girlfriend!!! You rocked on the flowers!!! Half hour or less...OMG, I wish!! I am a 2 hour card girl! But I am usually watching Sawyer so that is why it takes so long!!! Are you ready for Sunday??? Hey, that paper on this card is amazing, digi?