Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #80

Aloha! Did you miss the Sweet Sunday Stampers last week? I didn't really feel that sorry for Karen and some of the other girls who were all whining about how they were just too busy to deal with the rest of us and they just had too much on their plate, what with traveling to Chicago and those all-important name-dropping blog posts about meeting up with each other, ogling all the new papercrafting goodies, blah blah blah, {vomit}, WHATEVER. Give me a big fat break. What about the rest of us? huh? huh? We're here. Actually ready a whole day early with a sketch card to post, all by ourselves, ALONE, at home. But nooo-oooo-oooo, {insert 3-octave change in your voice while saying that long drawn out "no" like you did when you were an annoying teenager to get the full effect of this rant, and don't worry, I'll be adding a foot stomp at the end} - Karen was too busy for all that. Too many important things to see and do at CHA for the rest of us Little People who wanted our sketch last week {foot stomp}. LOL!! (just kidding Karen - you know I love ya and really I'm insanely jealous). So here we are, after a week off (and if Karen doesn't have a sample card tonight I am going to give her SO MUCH crap) with Sweet Sunday Sketch #80.

I flipped the sketch for my sample card and was totally inspired by this card by Maile Belles. I wanted to do the acetate jar like she did, but none of my ink would work - it just kept smearing no matter what I tried, nothing would dry! (and I don't have any Palette Noir ink). So oh well! It would have looked so much better with an acetate jar, but then again I would have had to figure out how to attach the stinkin' thing without the adhesive showing....so...supplies are listed at the end of the post.
ETA: I totally forgot to link the card by Maile Belles that inspired me. So HERE it is. Sorry about that! :-)

Be sure to check out the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with the sketch.
Nancy Riley will be sitting out for awhile while her daughter recovers from a car accident, but you can stop by her blog and wish her well if you'd like.

Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

Supplies:
Stamps: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers, Polka Dot Basics II (PTI)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango (SU); Copic Markers
Accessories: Ribbon, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Label die (PTI)

15 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love love love this!! You really rock with kraft and the contrast of those out of the box white daisies is just amazing!

BTW...I'm totally with you on the whining LOL! Although it was totally in my favor because I wasn't ready last week!

Lynn Put said...

I'm totally laughing out loud right now after reading your post!!! You're hilarious, I love the way you write and I love your card, it's beautiful!

Karen Giron said...

Bwahaha! You have no idea how happy I am I have a card today - I'm totally scared of you now! Loving your krafty goodness card with those white daisies! It's gorgeous!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

LOVE this Jen.. absolutely GORGEOUS. Oh and if you ever need a foot stomping OCTAVE higher buddy... just let me know... all that CHA chatter... Mmmmft!!! bwhahaha.

xx SJ

SueB said...

Hmmph! Not to mention all those CHA-ers taking up all that bandwidth, eh?! LOL!

BEAUTIFUL card, girl - TFS!

Pam Speidel said...

ALOHA Jen! Love your card and got a real chuckle out of your comments. Yes, I missed the SSS last week!! Hope to play today! :)

Pam Speidel said...

p.s. Guess what? Got my tkts for vacation on the Big Island first week of December!! Wooo Hooo, can't wait!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is toatally adorable, right up my alley!! I LOVE that set and I am wiht you about last week, I was so whinning, I had my sample done and all ready to go when the e-mail came it was CANCELLED, because those big babies was at CHA!!!! LOL!!!

Karen Motz said...

Don't worry Jen, I gave Karen plenty of grief, in person, for cancelling last week cause my post was all done despite going to CHA. :)

Love your card...the flowers really pop off the kraft!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is super cute sweet boo! Yeah, I was very jealous about the CHA posts too. BUT, I am going to Winter CHA, so I can't complain! Hugs,

Maryann said...

I love this card. It is so simple, but looks stunning at the same time.

Pirre said...

Lovely!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this one girl!! I never thought of doing the jar on Kraft, it is awesome!

Maile Belles said...

Love it! I have a solution to your ink on acetate problem. Start by stamping the jar onto the cardstock (like you did on this card). Die cut a jar from acetate and attach it on top of stamped jar. Gives you the same effect.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is a wonderful card - there is something so inviting about the kraft and white. Excellent work!