Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #98

Happy New Year!! What better way to start off 2011 than with a fabulous new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!? Karen designed a fantastic sketch for us to play with this week. I have to admit, initially I was a little stumped with that offset, cut off ginormous circle - but once I got going with this one, it turned out I really loved it!

I decided to play with one of my favorite Verve sets of 2010, Dream Big, for my sample card - keeping the focus on those large beautiful flower images that I can't seem to get enough of! I decided not to use the stems that come in the set but just the flowers by themselves (LOVE that the flowers and stems are separate in this set so you can do that!).


The DP is another old favorite, a retired pattern from Scenic Route (these were from scraps, so I don't know the exact line - sorry!). I stamped each of the 3 flowers once in Stampin' Up's Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Marina Mist ink to match the DP and cut them out with my hobby knife so I could pop them up on dimensionals. I added some buttons to the flower centers and the "thank you" sentiment from the same Dream Big set. Some pom pom trim and a scallop border were the finishing touches. I have to admit I'm really loving this bright and cheerful card!

Be sure to check out the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with this week's sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

19 comments:

Leontine said...

Great card Jen! And too bad Scenic Route no longer exists, it was my favourite too!

Regards,
Leontine

Karen Motz said...

This is wonderful! Those big flowers are totally gorgeous!! I love that old Scenic Route paper...too bad that company is no longer.

Dawn Easton said...

This is stunning! Love the colours! I just ordered this set and hope it arrives soon! TFS Jen!

Lynn Put said...

What what...where's the "video tour" of your cleaned up stamp room? Lol.
Your card is absolutely fabulous Jen!!!
You cut these flowers out with a craft knife Holy Cow!? I love how cheerful and bright this card is and the details of the buttons, pom pom trim and scallops look wonderful!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

HolA, jen! just coming over here to check on you! (and make sure you are on task with you know what!) I meant to just call you the other day, but got sidetracked. (old age.) Love ya!
sus

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute... love the bright colors!

Vickie Z said...

Love the bright colors and fabulous flowers!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Jen!!! Those flowers are amazing, love the bright colors!!!

irishgalkelly said...

Jen,
This is stunning! The flowers are outstanding and the colors of your card are breathtaking! So fresh and fun and looks like Spring. Sigh. : ) I just love your style. You inspire me always.

Karen Giron said...

OOooh! This is gorgeous! I love the ginormous flowers and that sentiment tag - the buttons really complete it too.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Jen, this is just gorgeous! Love those colorful flowers!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love those flowers and your take on the sketch is awesome!

Lea L. said...

This is so bright and cheery! I love the cut out flowers and how much dimension they give the card, and the colors are just perfect! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

Ravengirl said...

Love that yummy Verve!!!

Linda said...

Very pretty. I can never get that stamp to turn out as pretty as you did. I love it.
Your blog is also very attractive. I need to make some changes.
Linda,
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Jen! LOVE the flowers. . .so bright and happy!

Savitri said...

Hey lady! Happy 2011!!! Love this card... the colors are awesome! Have a great one!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey HO!!! This is fantastic! How was your Christmas and New Years?

Sheryl said...

I love this Jen, it's so bright and beautiful!