Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #99

Well, I'm super late with this post - we've been having internet issues all evening. I'm not sure if it's island-wide, just in our neighborhood, or if it's our modem? I'm not a tech girl, so I don't even know how to tell these things. But anyway, I'll just get right to it while things seem to be working. This week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge is a fun one:


I haven't had much stamping time lately as I've been working hard on digital layouts for my Dad's Tribute Album (I'll start sharing pages soon if anyone's interested - well, I'll probably share them anyway even if you're not interested!! LOL) as we've set a date for his Celebration of Life / Memorial for the first weekend of February, so I'm really having to scramble to get the Photobook done - I'd like to have it done before then. Keep your fingers crossed I can accomplish that. So anyway, that project is really cutting into my crafty time, but it's been very therapeutic! So I kept my card this week really simple:


I used some fun Valentine Collection DP from We R Memory Keepers and some Sugar Rush Woolies from Basic Grey. I added a scalloped border and ribbon from PTI and it was done! The whole thing literally took about 10 minutes, start to finish! Gotta love that!!

Be sure to check out the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with this week's sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

10 comments:

Jen W. said...

Love the bright colours and that felt flower is too cute! :)

Karen Motz said...

Jen, this is so sweet! Love the woolies!!! You'll get the album done...don't stress over it. :-)

Lynn Put said...

Super sweet and fun Jen! Love these cute felt flowers and pretty bow!

Dawn Easton said...

Ack! Jen! This is awesome girl! LOVE the fun and whimsical details! Brilliant!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty, Jen! Love the fun colors and you used the sketch wonderfully!

I just read your post about your dad on your family blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't realize he had passed. I know first hand that feeling of relief mixed with sadness and regret for all that this disease has caused. My dad suffered from this for many years. They are both in a better place now. My sympathy to you and your family.

Maureen said...

this is just beautiful, Jen...when I saw that heart flower, it made me think of a palm tree in Hawaii (the sway of it) and made me think of your dad and all the hearts...were you thinking of him while you made it? It sure made me think you were and how it turned out :) LOVE it and have been enjoying your tribute book to him on FB...hugs :)

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Jen, love the felt flowers!! The colors are so cheery on a gloomy winter day!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Really cute!! Hugs,

Karen Giron said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! I love the hearts!!

Krista said...

Love your card !!