Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Project Life 2014 - Weeks 21 & 22

Moving right along with my blog post catch-up to Weeks 21 & 22...

Week 21: May 18 - May 21, 2014


Around here, I started crocheting a baby blanket. Joel picked up a new indoor grill. I made a batch of soap. We drove up to the summit of Haleakala to watch a meteor shower. Dean got a new computer to use in a new school situation for the 2014-2015 school year. And, my favorite, Dean was absolutely certain Tulip the cat wanted to take a selfie.


I used lots of printables from Emily Merritt (now retired) along with cards from the Jade Core Kit this week and little tags added to photos for detail. The name of the game this year is keeping things simple.


Week 22: May 25 - May 31, 2014:


Around here, Joel brought home flowers. Dean did a fun science experiment from his favorite new book, Dr. Mollie Cule Reboots the Robot .  Dean and I watched the live stream of the Hokule'a launch on the first leg of it's Worldwide Journey (if you're not familiar with Hokule'a, please read about it here. It is simply amazing. And you can follow the crew and their beautiful journey on Instagram @hokuleawwv). Dean wrapped up the end of 2nd grade and will be trying out something different next year - we finished the year both excited and nervous for new educational adventures! And I finished the baby blanket I started the previous week.


This week I used lots of Becky Higgins products - a self portrait card from the Bridgeport Childhood Mini Kit (not sure that's still available) and several cards from the Happy Core Kit.


And that wraps up 2 more weeks! I'll be back soon with more. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Basement Stamper said...

I adore your pages and I realized why yesterday...they are embellishment free. Often when looking at others PL pages it looks like they spend hours on each one and they are gorgeous, but I think the embellishment free is just as beautiful!