Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally...Sweet Sunday Sketch #58

OK, I'm keeping this short and sweet as I still feel like I'm behind on EVERYTHING since I basically lost an entire day of my weekend yesterday with all the Tsunami craziness!! Anyway, I'm sure most of you have already seen this week's sketch over on Karen's Blog, but in case you missed it, here it is:


I inspired myself this week. I had been playing with this fun digi kit, Own It, by Lauren Grier and Shawna Clingerman (Sweet Shoppe Designs) and Verve's Seeing Stars stamp set making a boy card for my Sketch For You To Try card (which I haven't shown you yet either - it's coming tomorrow) and liked it so much that I decided to stick with that theme for this week's SSSC card. Here it is (and I LOVE it!!):


Man, blogger has been doing weird things to my images lately. I swear they really do look fine on my computer once I'm done with editing, but then when I upload them here they seem all washed out and the lighting is off and they even seem a little blurry. It's seriously frustrating!!! Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?? Are they suddenly compressing our images or something?

What's In It:
Stamps: Seeing Stars, Uplifting Phrases (Verve)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip CS (SU); printed digi paper from Own It by Lauren Grier & Shawna Clingerman (Sweet Shoppe)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Brads, Star punch, dimensionals (SU); ribbon, button (PTI)

be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch...
Then play along with us and post your creation using InLinkz over on Karen's Blog!

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh, this is incredible! I am loving the stripes and stars - it's super cute!!

I have the SAME problem with blogger - all this time editing and sharpening and then it's all blurry and dark on my blog. I have no idea what it is. I even crop my pictures to 400 pixels so it's the exact size for the blog and it still happens. So tired of blogger. And Mr Linky, haha!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Love it Jen!!! Simple and Fabulous.
Perhaps we should all revolt and join another Blogger thingy!!! (sorry about the thingy, cant think of the word!!!)... My photos for this week, were great when I edited them and now they look like... well.. they just look!!!!

xx Sarah

Alex said...

What a fabulous card, I love the big stars and the stripes look fabulous - super cute card!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Jen!! Love the stars!!!

Alyssa S said...

Fabulous card! I don't think it looks blurry, but then, I'm in awe of everything you do!
So glad to hear that you were all safe down in the islands!

Leslie said...

Beautiful! I thought the same thing when I have uploaded the last couple cards onto my blog!

Curt in Indy said...

You should love it! It is so beautiful and bright! I love what you came up with for this sketch! I'm not sure what you are talking about. The card looks great on my screen. Not washed out at all. Great work Jen! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

What a great, GREAT card! I have star stamps gathering dust in my stash and you've inspired me!