Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CASE of myself


Just Because...I was cleaning out my craft room a few weeks ago and across THIS card of mine that I made awhile back that I absolutely loved and decided to CASE myself. I thought the card would lend itself well to Verve's Great Friend, and boy was I right (if I do say so myself)! I clear embossed the flower and sentiment, which looks fantastic - clean and elegant. I also used one of my all-time favorite (and most-used) Verve sets, Bountiful Backgrounds to create the tone-on-tone gray polka dot background. I gave this card a little bit of an updated look over the original by rounding that top right corner and matting the entire card front. Overall I much prefer this new version. Here's a list of all the supplies:

Stamps: Bountiful Backgrounds, Great Friend (Verve)
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray (SU); Aqua Mist (PTI)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU); Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder; Scallop Border Die (PTI); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Pearls (Kaiser)

I'm still on vacation. We've been in Kansas for almost a week now and are having lots of fun!! It's been a little chilly for us Maui people with night-time temps down in the 50s and daytime temps staying in the low 70s, but really the weather has been pretty nice. We've done some shopping - I found the most FABULOUS little scrapbook store EVER here in Wichita called Forever in Time. Seriously, if you are in the Wichita area, you need to check them out. Joni, the owner, was the sweetest thing ever and they have an awesome selection. I'm hoping I can stop back in before we head home!!

We went to the mall and Micheal's on Sunday, the Sedgewick County Zoo on Monday, more shopping and Buffalo Wild Wings with my girl Libby Weifenbach on Tuesday, and today we spent all day at the Kansas Cosmosphere (Dean LOVED the Planetarium!!). Tomorrow we head out bright and early to drive down to Oklahoma, first stop is the OKC Zoo, then on to Norman so Joel can drop in on an OU Wrestling practice (he wrestled for the Sooners not too many years ago). We'll spend Friday in my hometown of El Reno and have some professional family photos taken by an old childhood friend. Then Saturday is a full day of Sooners brainwashing for little Dean, culminating in his first OU football game under the lights Saturday night. Then Sunday we'll meet up with some friends before heading back to Wichita. Next week we fly to New Jersey for several days before heading home to Maui on the 25th!!

3 comments:

Alyssa S said...

This is stunning!! I love them both and am saving them in the inspiration file :o)

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, I love the grey with the aqua. Glad you are having fun in Kansas.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it is a vacation...lot's of driving!!! Bey hey, how many times do you come back to the mainland!!! I hope you are having a good time, the card rocks ho!