Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #87

Man, I can't believe it's Sunday again already!! I feel like a crazy person around here scrambling to get everything done before we leave for the mainland next week. We had a HUGELY successful garage sale yesterday (you have NO IDEA how glad I am to have that over with!!) that I would NOT have chosen to have the Saturday before a big trip, but the Maui Lani Community Association "strongly suggests" that homeowners in our subdivision only have garage sales on designated days (they have 2 per year) and yesterday was one of those days. It's kind of nice though because the Association takes care of all the advertising and there's a TON of a traffic. We got rid of SO MUCH crap too! I far exceeded my goal and I have lots of extra "fun money" for our trip! Yay! So now I just have about a million DT assignments to complete this week on top of my unfortunate "real" job, a preschool fieldtrip to the Wailea fire station with Dean, cleaning my house to prepare for our fabulous House Sitter Jayci, a hair cut, shopping for new clothes for all 3 of us for family photos we're having taken while on the mainland, and spending as much time as possible with my Dad before we leave (just in case he's no longer with us when we get home) - oh, and I should probably pack some suitcases at some point!

So anyway, enough jibber jabber - it's Sunday and you're really here to see my Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge creation, right? Well, we have a super fun sketch today:


I made a fun hybrid birthday card with some Taylored Expressions stamps I was dying to get inky and some printed digi goodness by Zoe Pearn (Sweet Shoppe) - I took some creative liberties with the sketch, shifting the horizontal panel and embellishment thingy down a bit just because it worked better with the focal image I chose to use:


I used my new Make a Wish stamp set, paper piecing the balloons (so easy!!). And in case you didn't already know - the Make a Wish set is part of the TE Giving Tree program from September through November 2010 where Taylored Expressions will donate $7.00 for each Make a Wish stamp set sold to a national children's charity. All of the patterned and solid papers (except for the Kraft and dark brown) used on my card are printed digi papers from the new Birthday Boy kit by Zoe Pearn (Sweet Shoppe), but I actually picked up the Birthday Bundle!

Be sure to check out the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with their favorite sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

7 comments:

Cre8tiveVet said...

THis is such a great birthday card!

Lynn Put said...

Super fun birthday card! Love these bright hybrid papers and cute TE images! I've got to get that birthday set!

Karen Motz said...

Love that star embellishment Jen!!! I picked up the Birthday Bundle yesterday too!! Have a wonderful vacay!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love, Love this card Jen!! I don't know how you will get all the stuff done you need to before your trip, I got tired just reading it all!! Have a great time!!

Karen Giron said...

Super cute! Love the star with the balloons - totally you Jen! Have an amazing trip. You deserve some fun :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Love this Jen!!! Super cute and SUPEr FUN!.. Have a FABULOUS vacation.. don't go TOO CRAZY at the Malls!! Oh and just so you know.. here in OZ.. we don't even have MICHAELS!!! Boo Hoo!!! bwhahah

xx S

Krista said...

Awesome card Jen ! Love the bright colors !