Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy New Baby SFYTT

Yesterday a few good friends (mostly from book club) got together to shower my bestie Sarah and her girlfriend Tiare with baby gifts - they're expecting a baby girl in a few weeks and I couldn't be happier for them! I needed to make a card to hold a gift card and I decided to use this month's Sketch For You to Try along with some yummy digi goodness to create a fun hybrid / Verve combo for the new Mamas-to-Be. Here's a look at the sketch:


And here's my (very girly glittery) creation:


I used the Love Notes stamp set and Classy Label Die to create that fun Kraft label and added some Crystal stickles all around the edge (I have NO IDEA why those stickles look green - they're the Crystal stickles though). The sentiment is from the To the Moon stamp set - all from Verve. And that yummy DP? It's printed digi paper from the Lucy Lynn digi kit by Traci Reed (Sweet Shoppe).

Here's a list of all of the supplies used on the card (because it was much more supply-heavy than is typical of me):
Stamps: Love Notes, To the Moon (Verve)
Paper: Kraft (PTI); Early Espresso (SU); Printed digi paper from Lucy Lynn digi kit by Traci Reed (Sweet Shoppe)
Ink: Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories: Classy Label Die (A Cut Above by Verve); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); Glittered Chipboard Heart (Etsy - MemrieMare); Adhesive altered rhinestone swirl (Say it in Crystals); Polka Dot Embossing Plate (PTI).

That's it! That was my Hybrid / Verve / SFYTT Baby Card!!

Oh! By the way, Verve just released a handful of adorable new stamps and dies a few days ago - be sure to stop by and check them out!!

4 comments:

hanksmom said...

So cute! Thanks for doing the shower. Love you!

Sankari W. said...

SOOO beautiful Jen! I adore that glittery pink heart and the swirly whirly bling! Beautiful take on the sketch and I know the Mamas will LOVE your beautiful creation!!! You So Rock Ms. Tapler!!! Love you lots!
xoxo
Sankari :)))))

Anonymous said...

love, love, LOVE to see my cards on your blog!!! then everyone gets to see how awesome they are!! had so much fun chilling at your house, thanks again for everything!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just the sweetest! I LOVE that pink glitzy heart! Swoon!