Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #107

Happy Sunday everyone! That means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen created another fun sketch with a bunch of those little squares...


I have a tip for you if you struggle with figuring out what size to cut those little squares - what I do is save the sketch image and open it up in Photoshop, and open up a new 8.5x11 document in Photoshop too. Drag your sketch image onto the new 8.5x11 document. With the sketch image layer selected, increase the size of the sketch (you can do this by "dragging" one of the corners of the sketch to make it bigger) until it's the exact size you plan to make your card. I usually put the sketch image up in the very top left of my document so I can use the ruler up at the top when I'm increasing the size. You could also just change the image size before you drag it onto the new document, but either way works. Then, print out the 8.5x11 document and just use a ruler to measure those little square pieces!(I hope that all made sense). All the work is done for you before you even start cutting!!

OK, so anyway, on to my sample - I created another fun and easy hybrid card this week:


There's no stamping on this one and it literally came together in about 10 minutes! Gotta love that! Other than the Kraft and Soft Stone cardstock (PTI), all of the other paper, the sentiment and that adorable bug image are printed digi goodies from the new Bug Out kit by Dani Mogstad and Traci Reed (Sweet Shoppe). My only embellishment is some Old Olive ribbon (SU).

Be sure to stop by all the Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with this week's sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

6 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oooh, don't tell Karen this came together in 10 minutes, she'll throw a brick at you. Duck is all I'm sayin... LOVE this card - those colors are so happy!!

Karen Motz said...

WHAT!!!!!!!! 10 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!! Freak man...your photoshop tip is GREAT, but could you not have posted that BEFORE I struggled with my card?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!! Your card is SUPER cute!! I just LOVE the colours!!!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Thanks for the photoshop tip, I have it and all I have ever been able to figure out in using it is to add my watermarks!!! LOL!! I do love your card, so bright and adorable, cute as a bug!!!!

Dana White said...

I agree with my bff - 10 min that's crazy! My biggest problem was finding the right image for this layout! LOVE your photoshop tip

Michelle Woerner said...

I love this girlie! perfect combo of papers and grosgrain ribbon (not even gonna comment on the whole 10 min thing). AND GMTA, your blog banner is the same as mine! lol!

Cindy Beach said...

Jen, your card is fabulous and super cute, but I could just HUG you for the great tip about the squares!
I love your fresh fun colors and crisp style!