Sunday, October 12, 2008

Groovy Birdy

This card didn't turn out quite like I thought it would. I kept messing with it and I think I should have used the other bird stamp so the bird would be facing the other way, but too late!! Oh well, next time!

I'm having lots of fun playing with mixing printed digital papers with my stash of cardstock! For this card I used Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, More Mustard and Real Red CS along with printed digital paper from the Indian Summer kit by Eva Kipler and Scrapkitchen Designs. The adorable little paper pieced birdy is from the Verve stamp set Anniversary Birds. I paired it with a sentiment from Feeling Groovy, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.


So what do you think? Do you like these hybrid projects or would rather just see straight digital and "traditional" paper crafting separately? Personally I love mixing the two. Most of my scrapbooking has gone digital, so I have TONS of digital supplies and I know that a lot of people are moving in this direction. But I still feel this drive or need to physically CREATE something with my hands. Hybrid projects allow me to do both! I love it!! Plus, I think this allows me to reach out to two completely different groups of paper crafters and show them how easy it is to "get along" (if you will) - not to mention the fact that it really expands the possibilities!!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.


Hope you all had a great weekend! We had a fun hike Upcountry this morning - we were feeling nostalgic for fall, so when we start feeling that way, we try to go Upcountry where the air is cooler and it really does smell like fall!!! - it was beautiful and Dean did great. This was his longest solo (meaning NOT in the kid carrier backpack thing) hike and he made it about 1.5 miles before getting grumpy!!! I was so proud! Here are a few pics....

No comments: