Saturday, November 15, 2008

PCP Sketch Challenge

Have you checked out the weekly Sketch Challenge over at Papercraft Planet? Each week a different one of us Papercraft "Super Novas" (Papercraft DT) will be hosting the challenge. This is Wendy's week and she created this beautiful sketch for us...When I saw the sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do for those circles - use my sizzix Wedding Foliage die again with my new Verve Tall Oaks stamp set (they just go so well together!!!)....I also used Chocolate Chip, Kraft & Whisper White CS; Baja Breeze textured CS, More Mustard DP, and some American Crafts olive-colored textured CS. I paper-pieced the pumpkins and the middle pumpkin is popped up on dimensionals for depth (as are the entire center panel and the "give thanks" sentiment) and stitched on the center of each of the larger leaves. I stamped the little acorn on the inside corner for a little flair! I just love how this turned out!! Head on over and join the Sketch Challenge Group at PCP to see what everyone else has created with Wendy's sketch!

2 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

What a great Fall card, Jen! I love the colors you've used, and those leaves are awesome! Great paper piecing too! Lovin' everything about it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so cool! I love those big fat leaves and the paper pieced pumkins. Beautiful card, Jen!