Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Sunday #44

Wow - Sunday again already?? You know what that means - time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge over on Karen's blog. I'm a much happier stamper this week without any blasted tilted panels in the sketch!! LOL! Take a look:

And here's my hybrid sample (flipped horizontally - because it worked better with the way the sentiment was situated):
I used some super yummy new printed digi papers from the Mistletoe Magic kit by Dani Mogstad (Sweet Shoppe Designs). I used a Chocolate Chip CS base, stitching some digi paper directly to the base. I stamped the sentiment and two of the snowflake outline images from Verve's Christmas in the Air in Momento Rich Cocoa on some of the printed digi paper. I cut out the snowflakes and added glitter to the edges and buttons to the centers. The sentiment panel and snowflakes are popped up on varying depths of dimensionals.

Be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch:
Then make your own creation using the sketch as inspiration and head on over to Karen's Post and use Mr. Linky to share it with the rest of us!!

So have you noticed that I've been a major blog slacker lately? I don't know what is up with me, but I've just had the blogging and posting blahs. Do you ever feel like that? I've been creating up a storm, but just can't seem to get motivated to POST it. Sorry about that! I promise to start sharing more regularly. Actually, I probably HAVE to or my DTs are going to start firing me!! LOL! :-) Really, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is (are) - lots of stuff going on, unrelated to stamping. Don't worry, everything's fine. Just super busy with family stuff and dealing with what seems like crisis after crisis (everyone being sick and then sick again, my car dying, computer and internet issues, out of town guests, Joel traveling, my Dad rapidly deteriorating in the late stages of Alzheimer's, etc etc etc) - when it rains, it pours huh? I think {hope} things are starting to settle down. And I have about a gazillion Christmas and Hanukkah gifts I need to be making - so I should have LOTS to share!!

11 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love your creations, and sending hugs and prayers for the difficulties of life. (seriously)

Teresa Kline said...

Jen this is stunning, I hope things slow down for you...I have been thinking of your Dad and saying prayers for him and your family.

{{{hugs}}}

stampingwithlulu said...

What an absolutely beautiful vintage card. I hope life slows down for you so you can catch your breath.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute!!! You totally rocked the sketch!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE IT!!! It has such a wonderful vintage feel...sooooooooooooo pretty!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I saw this card and went WOW!!! This is fantastic, Jen!

Hang in there...I'm thinking about you and hoping things get better soon!!

Karen Giron said...

OMG, this is awesome! Loving the music background and the amazing digi papers - love it!! It looks great flipped too!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this! Fabulous colours and a shabby scrappy look!

Lynn Put said...

Jen your card is gorgeous!!! I love the vintage feel and papers you used!
Hope things start to settle down for you.

Anthonette said...

Beautiful job with Karen's sketch! I wanted to play with this one. I've had no free time for crafting.

Sorry to hear about everything going wrong. Thinking about you and your family and dealing with your dad.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Christmas card! This is my favorite sentiment for the season and of course the music paper is delightful too! Love your card Jen!
Pam Going Postal