Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (THE card)

Ok, so not sure if anyone was really paying that much attention, but a few posts back I mentioned that I had goofed when working on my card for the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop and promised to come back and share my awesome card later. Well, today's the day I know you've all been waiting for, barely able to contain your excitement as you sit by your computers constantly checking again and again to see if I've updated my blog yet and if it could possibly be THE card. Well, folks, today's the day you've all been waiting for. You can finally get on with your lives now. For I've decided to finally share THE card with you today (ha! Oh man, I do crack myself up!).

Ok, Ok, everyone just settle down. In all honesty I'm starting to second-guess myself and worried that all that talk on the previous post about how much I loved this card may have raised everyone's expectations a little bit too high. I mean, it's just a card. And it's really not SPECTACULAR or anything. But I do really like it. It's just so ME. So here goes...


I used those adorable pumpkins from Gobble, Gobble (colored with Copics) and some fun fall-ish DP from October Afternoon. It's a pretty simple card really, but it all came together exactly as I envisioned - which hardly ever happens!! (My favorite part? - that mini pom pom trim!). So I hope you all aren't disappointed after I talked it up so much. What do you think? Was it worth all my carrying on?

3 comments:

Sharon in Arizona said...

Absolutely worth it!!!!! Beautiful card!!!! And after waiting on pins and needles all these days, constantly checking my email for your post, I am not disappointed!!! ;o) I LOOOOVE your sense of humor, Jen!!! Thanks so much for sharing this card with us. Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! Hugs, Sharon :o)

Vickie Z said...

It is a great card and you did make me "chuckle"!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

it is a FABULOUS "Jen" card and I totally see how the excitement was building-still crackin' up though about the blog hop-LOL! Oh well-what's that saying? All's well that ends well? LOVE this card!