Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #137

Hi! It's Sunday and that means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I absolutely LOVE this week's sketch and will definitely be using it again and again!!


I'm keeping things short and sweet this week - my Grandmother arrived for a 3-week visit and we're spending lots of time just hanging out and enjoying her company, but things are a bit hectic. So I'll get right to my sample card this week:


I made a fun hybrid Halloween card using printed digi papers from That Old Black Magic by Dani Mogstad (Sweet Shoppe). I also used my new Halloween Treats and Sweets stamp set and coordinating dies (PTI). I LOVE the way this card turned out and think this is one that will actually get mailed!!

Be sure to stop by all the Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with this week's sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend! It's still Saturday here on Maui - we went to the Maui County Fair today. Below are a couple of photos from our fun-filled day. It was lots of fun, but it was HOT and dirty. But living on Maui, opportunities to ride any type of ride (and get heckled by Carnies) are few and far between. Anyway. the first photo is so funny to me - I don't do spinny rides that go in a circle (not even a Merry-go-round) due to extreme motion sickness, so Joel is quite the sport. I love that he'll stuff all 6'3" of himself into one of these tiny helicopters so Dean doesn't miss out!! It was hilarious!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh such a FUN & FABULOUS Halloween card! Well done!

seamom said...

Very nice! I espceially like the whiskers peeking over the right side of your great card!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that sketch is wicked, I love it! I might have to borrow it for a card this week! And what you did with it, amazing! Have fun with Grama!

Dana White said...

Wicked card - looks like you had an awesome day at the fair & your hubby really is a sport to jam into the helicopter!

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG, love your halloween card!!! Super cute, enjoy your time with your grandmother!!

Tammy E. said...

Adorable card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

love your card :-)

Karen Motz said...

A really fun card and it looks like you had a fabulous time at the fair!!

salmaashiq said...

Happy Christmas to all of you .This is one of the best sites I have found for Christmas card inspirations....Please add some more designs relate with the new year.....

plastic card printing
plastic card