Saturday, June 16, 2012

June SFYTT Post #2


It's the 3rd Saturday of June and that means it's time for some more Sketch For You To Try Inspiration from a few of the SFYTT Sisters! Have you had a chance to play along with this month's sketch yet? You've got until June 30th at midnight, so there's still plenty of time to create something and it's a SUPER fun sketch this month! And don't forget we have another amazing sponsor this month - Lil' Inker Designs!

 

Today, half of the SFYTT Sisters are posting another sample on their blogs using this month's sketch. I decided to get a little Patriotic in honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday and pulled out a few Verve Stamps sets and got to work.


So, OK. This card started out looking pretty good and then I decided to try adding some silver Mister Huey's Misters splatters to it because it felt like it was missing something. It looks a little better in person than it does in the picture, but not much. The splatters were probably a mistake - I think it just ended up making it look kind of dirty. But oh well. It's not bad enough to totally trash it. But I should have left well enough alone. One of these days I'll learn that. Anyway, The papers are all from the Let Freedom Ring (yes, seriously) line from Pebbles. I used my favorite label stamp from Verve's Love Notes set layered on top of the big circle and then added the appropriate "Let Freedom Ring" sentiment from American Hero. As for embellishments - I couldn't resist some glittery stars, ribbon, buttons, and baker's twine. I'm still practicing my splatter technique with the mister spray.

Be sure to stop by these other SFYTT Sisters' blogs to see what they're sharing today with this month's sketch!

Jen del Muro
Carole Burrage
Jodi Collins
Kerry Johnson
Megan Lock
Susan Liles

OK, that's it from me. Enjoy your weekend everyone! Aloha!

 


No comments: