Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Julee!

Today is the super sweet and ultra fabulous Head Verve Diva Julee Tilman's birthday! Several of the Verve Divas (well, those of us who aren't off doing exciting summer things like traveling) are sharing special Birthday Cards on our blogs today just for Julee. Or, you can head on over to the Verve Blog (we hijacked it today) to see a big post full of Verve-y Birthday Cheer for our amazing Julee! And don't forget to stop by Julee's blog and wish her an extra special Happy Birthday!

Julee, you really are amazing! I hope you have a super awesome Birthday!! 

I was a little strapped for time when throwing my card together, so I decided to CASE myself! I always did love this card in my Verve Gallery and thought I could make it a little more Julee-friendly (read: slightly more feminine) but also keep it Jen-friendly too (read: not TOO feminine! ha!). This is what I came up with:


That works, right? I started off with some fun new printed digi papers from the Preppy collection by Robyn Meierotto. Then I pulled out a few old favorite stamp sets from my Verve Stash and got to work. The frame is actually from the Dad's Day set - I love mixing that frame with all kinds of different sentiments, it's so versatile! (and no, I'm not going to pass up another opportunity to nag Julee about a coordinating die. I'm still waiting Julee...). The birthday sentiment is from the Making a Statement set and fit inside that frame perfectly! It's like they were made for each other (and just so you know, all the sentiments from Making a Statement fit inside that Dad's Day frame!). I added a few of my "Jen Stand-bys" for embellishments - pom pom trim and a glittered star from the Memrie Mare etsy shop. I also added something new for me - those stick pin things. I don't normally use those because I don't like having sharp pokey eye gouging hazards sticking out from the front of my card, but I got smart this time and raided Joel's tool box and just snipped those suckers right off, then glued the stick stumps down! Presto chango, no more sharp pokey things!

So that's it. As is pretty standard for me and my terrible card-mailing ways, Julee will be receiving this card well past her actual birthday. Because I pretty much suck at actually putting cards in the mail. So just act surprised when you get it Julee! ;-)

Don't forget to stop by the Verve Blog for more eye candy! And remember there's a pretty sweet sale going on in the Verve Shop this month (20% off ALL stamps!!!).

4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Those pins are lovely on this card! I love the poms too.
BTW, Happy Birthday Jen! ;)

tammy said...

Jen!!
A very happy birthday filled with blessings
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Thanks so much, Jen! Love your mix of Jen and Julee friendliness! Had to giggle at your plug for that die. {grin} Hope you're having a fabulous birthday as well. I too suck at actually putting cards in the mail, and even more so now that the twins take up most of my waking hours. I'm crossing my fingers that your card will actually make it to the post office before August. :)

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love this one with the star and pins!!!