Monday, May 12, 2008

Grand Prize Winner and Stamp Room Pics

Ok, the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's Grand Finale winner is Enjoli!!!! Congratulations, Enjoli! I'll include both of your winnings in one box and ship later this week. For the Grand Finale drawing, each donor's name went into the "bucket" (actually their random number....thanks random.org!!) and I drew out one lucky winner. So Enjoli, in addition to your ribbon you won previously, you'll be receiving a large random sampling of SU! paper (both solid & DP), your choice of either Lots of Thoughts OR So Many Scallops stamp set (you need to let me know which set you want - the other will be saved for my next SOA event in the fall!!), a sampling of paper from Island Paperie, and a large lot of Creative Memories scrapbooking items including a 12x12 coverset, refill pages & page protectors!!!



Be sure to check out Enjoli's new blog!!! She's already posted tons of awesome projects!!

OK, because I've STILL been busy with birthday invites, favors and thank-yous for my friend (who doesn't stamp so has NO idea how lucky she is to have me!!!!)...I don't have anything new to post. So I thought I'd share some pics of my "Scrampin' Room". I've FINALLY figured out some organizational systems that seem to be working!! I share my stamp room with the "guest room", so I really only get half of the room and half of the closet. But since we only have guests for about 6-8 wks out of the year, the rest of the time my stuff takes over the guest bed as well. Anyway, here ya go....

This is my work area. The table was actually our dining table when we lived in our little 750-sq-foot condo in Kihei!!! It's a counter-height table from Pier 1, actually square, but with a leaf on each side that pulls out to make it a little bit larger rectangle. So when we do have guests, I pack up a lot of my stuff, fold in the table leaves and push it into the corner to give the guests a little more breathing room!! The counter height table is nice because (for now anyway) my 17-month-old son can't quite reach it to pull everything down while I'm working like he does if I sit at the dining room table!!!

This is my scrap storage. It sits under the right-hand side of my desk to TRY to motivate me to at least LOOK through my scraps before cutting a new sheet of paper!! It is organized by SU! color family with the bottom drawer reserved for DP. So far, it's working well.

Top of my workstation...The storage unit in the left-hand corner is from OfficeMax and holds my paper trimmers on the bottom shelf, white CS on the middle shelf, a large circle cutter on the top shelf, pre-scored cards in the small shelf next to 2 drawers that hold my Stampin' Write Markers, blender pens, etc. The box on top holds finished cards. There are 3 small drawer storage units on my table. Each is labeled as to what it holds. Some of the labels include Sharps (hobby knife, refill blades for trimmer, scoring blade, etc); Tools (hammer & eyelet setting tools, small mat & paper piercing guide, etc); embellishments (brads & eyelets, metal rims, rhinestones, & other smallish embellishments); Embossing; Wheel Inks; etc. I also keep my hodgepodge hardware & pretties kit on the small storage shelf under the ribbon. I have a small notebook that I jot down measurements I want to remember, sketches as I think of them, etc.

The other end of the table has a basket of less-often-used embellishments, and a little desk organizer holding my Stamp-a-ma-jig, Crop-a-dile, sticky strip, dimensionals & stamp cleaner.

To the left of my desk. There is another 6-drawer rolling cart that holds tools & adhesives in the top 2 drawers, then my 12x12 SU! CS divided in the next 2 drawers (labeled Solids and Textured), then Simply Scrappin' kits and SU chipboard, then finally DSP in the bottom drawer.
On top of the rolling cart is a basket with my SU punches, my heat tool and baby wipes for cleaning my stamps.

The table top holds my Cuttlebug, sticker maker and small sewing machine (my full-size sewing machine is set up at the foot of the bed). There are also two 3-drawer storage units with labeled drawers holding rub-ons, chipboard, alphabets, photos to be scrapped, etc. Under the table is a file box holding all of my 8x11 SU Cardstock sorted by color. Next to that is a rolling cart with 12x12 drawers for my other 12x12 papers from different companies. The drawers are labeled by company (i.e. American Crafts, Island Paperie, Scenic Route, etc). The 3 narrow drawers hold misc. adhesives & tools. My stamping friend, Nani the cat, can usually be found on the table looking out the window at the mynah birds!!

And here's my stamp closet. All of my SU! stamp sets are in the cubbies as well as baskets with some tools (tag maker, wheels & sheel guides, etc).
On top of the cubby I have a few shelves with labelled baskets (photopolymer stamps, misc. ribbon, non-SU ink, In progress, envies, etc). Next to those shelves is a large basket full of alterables (chipboard albums, tins, etc)


That's it! There's still a little organizing to be done as right now the other half of the closet is full of misc scrapbooking supplies & albums, my cricut & cartridges, etc. But for now, this seems to be working for me!!

No comments: