Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Trio of East Coast Prep

I LOVE this paper, but for some reason have had trouble using it. I sat down last week and decided I was just going to force myself to cut into it. I created these 3 cards and overall and pleased with how they turned out.

This first card uses the Jumbo Outline Alphabet set and Polka Stars from Verve Visual. I added some paper piercng and colored in the letters with a blender pen and Tempting Turquoise ink. My watercoloring could use some work, but I like this layered look (thanks to Kristina Werner for the inspiration for this technique and basic layout of this card, you can see her example here).
This is my favorite of the group, and actually the easiest. I used the Always stamp set with versamark ink and white embossing powder, added a couple of silver brads and a metal rim circle tag and that's pretty much it. So simple.
This card was mostly inspired by Nancy Riley, who did such a great job showing the evolution of the card in this post. I used Real Red, Wild Wasabi and Tempting Turquoise CS. I would have preferred another layer of small stars on top, but I don't have the small star punch, so this will have to do. I added some real red ribbon and embossed the image from All Holidays with white embossing powder. A couple of large silver brads from Making Memories finished it up.

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! Awesome cards, Jen! The Father's Day one especially caught my eye ... I love your take on it!