Friday, May 1, 2009

My Time Sketch Challenge #32

Well, I have some pretty exciting news to share with you - Lauren Meader has asked me to join her My Time To Create Challenge Team!! I'm thrilled to be sharing samples for her amazing challenges each Saturday with you. She's completely revamped her Challenge schedule and has a whole new lineup in store. You can read the details about her plans HERE.

Today is my first official post as a member of Lauren's team and I'm sharing with you my sample for Sketch Challenge #32! Here's a look at this week's sketch:


For my sample, I decided to highlight some really fun digi papers from the Carefree kit by Heather Roselli and Tracy Howard (Sweet Shoppe Designs). I actually didn't stamp on my card, because it just didn't need it with these eye-catching papers! I did add some white satin ribbon (SU) and a single yellow button (Basic Grey) for embellishments. The bracket-y thing on the right side is a printed digi embellishment, actually a journaling tag and I just typed "happy birthday" before printing. The main paper panels are all matted on white cardstock and popped up on dimensionals for added depth. Pretty simple!

And here's a peek at all of the DT samples:

Head on over to their individual blogs and check out what the team has created - there's some pretty fab eye candy!!

Dawn
Kendra
MacKenzie
Maria
Tamara
Dana
Lisa
Odette
Pam
Tracey
Kristen

If you'd like to play along, you can post to your blog or any of the online galleries using keyword mytimess32 and then head back over to Lauren's post HERE and add your creation to Mr. Linky.

15 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Oooooo, congrats, girly!! Awesome card!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is such a great card Jen! I never would have guessed it was all digi. I love what you did with the bracket and customizing it with the Happy Birthday. Totally cool!

Unknown said...

OOOOhhhhh...love this! so cheery and fun! terrific use of all those digi elements...I feel a new addiction coming on ;)

DoxieGirl said...

lovey!!! what fun bright colors! love how what you did with the layout - the bracket is perfect! what a great card for a birthday! :)
~Kendra

Tamara said...

Wow! I love the bright colours! This is such a fun card. Welcome to the MTTC team, I know we are going to have a great time!

Dawn Easton said...

OH I love all those FUN pattern papers! Such clean lines and so well put together! Awesome!

Kristin Eberline said...

Jen~

What a sweet card! Love the colors on all that yummy digi paper!! Also love how you created your sentiment panel...so cute!

Kristin

AKiteFlier said...

Great card Jen - love the bright papers - I agree no stampin needed :-) The single button is super! I love digi papers - this one looks like I need to check it out. Welcome aboard - I will enjoy working with you for sure. Hugs n smiles.

Anonymous said...

You lucky Wahine! You deserve it though!

BethieJ said...

Jen LOVE that digi card!!! Great job!
Have a GREAT day!

MacKenzie said...

Love how you did the sentiment!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow, those papers sure are eye-catching! Fabulous card...love the sentiment on that tag! Very creative!

Lisa

Maria said...

Awesome job! Those papers are so bright and wonderful. Isn't it funny how sometimes you sit down to "stamp" but you don't actually stamp. LOL! Great job!

Justine said...

CONGRATULATIONS...... I am so excited for you! Of course I love your take on the sketch

Lauren (mytime) said...

Loving the bright and cheery colors you chose! You rocked it!