Saturday, May 30, 2009

Taylored Expression Key Ingredients Challenge

Wow! It's been awhile, huh? I have been SWAMPED with Stampin' Out Alzheimer's and am sooo excited about the success of the event!! We have over 1100 members and have raised over $6200 that will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association later this week!! Thank you so much to everyone who has participated! Today is the final day of the event - you have until midnight (EDT) tonight to get your challenge projects uploaded on the site to be eligible for all the fantastic prizes!! We'll be updating the albums and choosing & posting winner's tomorrow. The site will remain open and accessible through June 7, but then it will all disappear until next year!!! (yep, that's right - we're definitely making this an annual event!!).

Anyway, I FINALLY carved out a few minutes to stamp this evening and created a quick card for the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Subscription Challenge. If you're not already a Key Ingredients subscriber - you're missing out!! This is my 3rd installment and it's well worth it! Anyway, the challenge this month was to use stitching on your project (faux or real) - I went with hand-stitching this time (boy, that will be the LAST time I hand stitch ANYTHING!!! blech) and a restricted element of no sentiment on the card front. That no sentiment restriction is what got me and really prevented me from loving my card. It just feels like it's missing something! Oh well! After a week and a half away from being creative, my MoJo has gone into hiding and I'm a little rusty...


Stamps: Whimsy Tree Plain Jane; Up, Up and Away (Verve)
Paper: Taylored Expressions May Key Ingredients
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: ribbon, dew drops (TE May KI); Paper Piercer; Button Twine (PTI); circle nesties.

3 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Congrats on such a successful SOA event, Jen!! I'm so happy for you and all the other who have worked so hard on it! Your card is flippin' fabulous! That stitching looks great, and it doesn't look like its missing a thing without the sentiment - really!! I love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

I think this card is fantastic, Jen!!

Congrats on SOA!! It has been such a fun week and I think it's wonderful what you are doing for your DAD!!

Cindy said...

I think SOA is such a wonderful cause! This is a great card....