Sunday, January 31, 2010

{late} MoJo Monday #122

Ok, Ok, so it's a little late....but I DID have it done on time. It's just that the internet was out ALL weekend a few weeks ago and then life caught up with me and I just realized that I never got around to posting this! So here it is...my take on MoJo Monday #122 using the amazing new Love's Flower and Accent Notes from Verve...

I left off one of the panels - because I mean, come on, you just can't go covering up too much Kraft now!! Actually, I just couldn't get the other panel to look right - I really wanted to use that yummy striped paper from the Winds of Change digi kit by MandaBean and Melissa Bennett (Sweet Shoppe), but you all know I like to keep things pretty clean and I just couldn't find another pattern I was happy with. So I ditched it all together! I think it works, right? I stamped the flower image from Love's Flower several times directly onto some of the printed digi papers and then cut out the different "layers" and used Stampin' Dimensionals to layer them onto the Oval Nesties. Using a 2-way glue pen, I filled in the center of the flower with some Martha Stewart glitter. It looks WAAAAAY gaudy in the photo, but it's not really that bright and glaring in real life - it actually looks really nice. I can never seem to photograph glitter very well - it always either ends up looking like this (overly bright and reflective) or it doesn't seem to show up at all. {sigh}. Oh well. Not really a big deal since I rarely use the stuff!!

Ok, that's it from me. I'm headed to bed since tomorrow is Monday and I have a full day of injured patients to tend to tomorrow! (oh joy!).

Be sure to stop by the Verve Blog if you haven't recently - the Project Parade has started up and it's FABULOUS!! (hint- I'll be back tomorrow with my project! Even though I've been taking it easy the past several weeks, I did manage to crank out what I think is a pretty awesome project this month!!). Oh, and did I mention there will be PRIZES? :-)

1 comment:

Alex said...

It turned out beautiful Jen, I love Kraft too!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex