Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sweet Sunday #54

Wow! Sunday again already? And the last day of January!?!? CRAZY. Karen has another super awesome Sweet Sunday Sketch for you to play with this week!!

Here's my fun card with some more non-DT stamps that were needing some love. I didn't get a chance to play along with Dawn McVey's last Raspberry Suite Color Challenge before the deadline, but I LOVED the colors she used - so I decided to use that color combo on this card. And while I was at it, I went ahead and created a very Dawn-ish butterfly (which looks gigantic in the photo for some reason - it's really not THAT huge - must be the angle of the pic or something. weird). Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out...
Stamps: Damask Designs, Say It With Style, Polka Dot Basics II (PTI) Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla (SU); Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart (PTI) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa (SU); Aqua Mist (PTI) Accessories: Butterfly Sizzix die, Scallop Border punch (SU); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); button (PTI); twine from stash

Be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch...
Then play along with us and post your creation using Mr. Linky over on Karen's Blog!

12 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Love that Butterfly, it's amazing!!! and the colours are awesome.

xx Sarah

Lynn said...

Jen, I love your butterfly. The chocolate chip damask designs on the kraft paper is stunning!

Aussieleigh said...

Love it Jen...the butterfly is divine!

Lynn Put said...

WOW this is so sharp Jen!!!
Love the layered butterflies!

Vicki Burdick said...

Jen, I love this, the butterfly is awesome and I love that sentiment!!! Great colors too!

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely!

Basement Stamper said...

the card is fabulous, love those colors are gorgeous!

Mary J said...

Really beautiful - I love the colour combination!

Judith said...

Just found your blog and I have been enjoying your work, Fabulous card a real winner x

Jaime said...

Hi Jen... Thanks for your comment.. I am trying to get back to my blog :) slowly but surely.
I really love this card, it came out soooo beautiful!

Take care,
Jaime

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! Love the colors, the stamping, and those fab butterflies! Basically...everything about it, of course! :) Great job with the sweet Sunday sketch!

♥Lea

Leigh said...

fabulous card!