Sunday, May 8, 2011

Make a Page Monday

It's Monday again and that's means it's time for my Make a Page Monday post where I share a handful of layouts with you from the Tribute Album I've been working on about my Dad's Life (he passed away in November from Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease at the age of 59) and maybe a layout here and there from Dean's baby / toddler book I'm trying to catch up on. None of these will be in any particular order. And if you're interested in reading the journaling you can probably click on the layout and see it slightly larger. So here goes...(credits below each layout).

I took the last couple of weeks off from this post (did anyone even notice!? ha!) because I was sick and then just really super busy. But this is something that's important to me and I really want to keep it going - I'm hoping it will motivate me to continue working on (and hopefully finishing) both of these projects. So here goes...

I actually made this page yesterday as it seemed appropriate to scrap these photos on Mother's Day. These are photos of my Dad as a young child of about 18 months old. It's 1952 and he is at the park in El Reno, OK (my hometown as well) enjoying a Mother's Day picnic with his extended family.
Credits:
Cindy's Layered Templates #12 by Cindy Schneider (Sweet Shoppe)
Learning 2 Love Myself by Melissa Bennett (Sweet Shoppe)

This one is about a motorcycle trip my Dad took in 1998 with his good friend Jim Corwin. Journaling reads "1998. Eddie and Jim rode their motorcycles to New Mexico on yet another adventure together. They made several stops along the way, including a Railroad Museum where Eddie found a sign for the Lahaina-Kaanapali train".
Credits:
So Sunny Templates by Connie Prince (Gotta Pixel)
Dude! by Fee Jardine (Sweet Shoppe) - retired kit

This layout is all about Christmas, 1984. Gotta love those fabulous 80's memories! ha. Journaling reads "Christmas, 1984. Eddie, sporting one of his many signature plaid flannel shirts, got a dog grooming table and what looks like work slacks and some type of massage tool. Jennifer (8) received a skateboard and Jeremy (5) received some Legos. Both kids got Cabbage Patch Kids and Care Bears and lots of other toys of the 80s".
Credits:
Cindy's Layered Templates #22 by Cindy Schneider (Sweet Shoppe)
I Believe by Lauren Grier and Shawna Clingerman (Sweet Shoppe)

And finally, this layout is about my Dad's 50th birthday celebration. My Dad's birthday is Christmas Day, by the way. Journaling reads "To celebrate Eddie's 50th birthday in 2000, Susan rented a limo and along with good friends Jim and Judi, Lucky and Donna, and Gary Charisse, they enjoyed champagne and birthday cake while looking at Christmas lights in Chickasha and Yukon".
Credits:
He's a Jolly Good Fellow by Shawna Clingerman (Sweet Shoppe)
You've Got Heart templates by Connie Prince (Gotta Pixel)

OK, that's it for this week! My scrapbook goal for the next several weeks is to work my way through sorting and scanning and starting to get some layouts done with more of my Dad's childhood photos. There are SOOOO many of these photos. I'm having a really hard time picking and choosing which ones to include in the album and which ones to just put away in a box. More than likely most of them will get used in the album (because let's face it - those photos that get put away in a box usually don't get looked at all that often!). What do you think? Less is more? Or should I just go ahead and use most of them? The nice thing is that my grandmother did a fairly good job of documenting the who/what/when/where so there aren't too many mystery photos. I'd love to hear your opinion!

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

What FABULOUS pages Jen! LOVE the motorcycle page! What a GORGEOUS ongoing tribute to your Dad!

SueB said...

GREAT pages. Thanx for the inspiration!

Esther said...

You sure are doing a fantastic job!!!
What a treasure!