Friday, June 24, 2011

Key Ingredients Cards

There are only a handful of days left in the month - can you believe that!? I wanted to share a few quick and easy cards I whipped up using the June Key Ingredients kit by Taylored Expressions. My grandmother recently asked me to send her a packet of simple (and relatively flat) cards she can have on hand to send to friends. She wanted a variety of all-occasion cards and the Key Ingredients sure came in handy when putting these together for her! Here's a look at a couple of the cards included in the packet:


That one uses several of the Basic Grey Sweet Thread patterned papers included in the kit this month - I just cut them into strips, used my sewing machine and some zig-zag stitching to attach them to a piece of bright pink cardstock and added a sentiment strip and flower and that's it! The sentiment is from the Labels of Love stamp set (one of my new Taylored Expressions faves!).


And that one is my favorite of the pair, probably because it features my favorite of the Sweet Thread papers so prominently. Then I just added a narrow strip of cardstock to the edge, with the corners rounded using my Corner Chomper, another flower and sentiment strip. Again, the sentiment is from Labels of Love. And that's it!

Don't forget to check out the Key Ingredients Gallery throughout the month for even more inspiration and ideas using this month's kit from our DT!! And do stop by the Key Ingredients Blog - there is so much information about the kit, inspiration, and fabulous other links to check out!

Also, be sure to stop by the Key Ingredients DT Blogs throughout the month to see what they've been up to - their blogs are listed in my sidebar over there on the right!

ANNNNDDD...there's a REALLY awesome special going on for new subscribers to the Key Ingredients right now through the end of June that you won't want to miss out on! New subscribers can get a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set! You can read all the details HERE on Taylor's Blog.

I'll be back a few more times this weekend with some sketch challenge samples (SFYTT and Sweet Sunday Sketch), so stop back by!!

No comments: