Friday, November 2, 2012

Project Life 2012 Week 34

It's been awhile since I posted a Project Life update, so I thought I'd try to post a few layouts the next few weeks. I'm still staying caught up and hoping to stay caught up at least through the end of November as we head into the Holiday Season. I'm planning to do another December Daily this year, so I'm trying to figure out how to tackle both DD and Project Life. I do want to do both, but I imagine Project Life wil be much more simple - I don't do a Photo-a-Day with PL now, so I may just continue to hit the weekly highlights in PL and focus more on the daily things in DD. I don't know. Any tips for tackling both projects? This is my 2nd year doing December Daily and my first year doing Project Life, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyway, here's a look at Week 34, which covered August 19-August 25.

 A lot of fun stuff going on around here that week. Here's a closer look at the left side of the page. Dean got a new Kiwi Crate in the mail - we LOVE these things by the way. Dean gets SO EXCITED when he sees that green box each month! I included a few photos of him working on his robot project from the August Kiwi Crate. I also started reading my Book Club pick for August that week and snapped a photo of my Kindle and favorite salad at lunch one day - a very "everyday" picture that I like to include every now and then.

I took a few close-up shots of some of my favorite things from this week. I think this quote from Dean is so funny! As far as I know he has no idea what Facebook is, but he obviously has overheard me use the words "Facebook friends" in conversation, and I must have been doing a lot of talking about True Blood that week! ha!

One of the things I love most about Project Life is that it's helping me save little snippets of Dean's writing and drawings. I cut out this little poem he wrote on a random piece of paper and attached it to a 4x6 card and slipped it into a pocket! LOVE THAT.
 
And here's a closer look at the right side of the page. I think the big highlight of the week was Thursday night when Joel surprised me with (FREE) entrance into a benefit concert at the opening of Mick Fleetwood's new restaurant on Front Street in Lahaina. I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan and Steven Tyler was teaming up with Mick Fleetwood, Johnny Lang, local favorite Willie K., and others to perform for a very very small crowd. But tickets were $500 per person, which was a little out of our price range(!). But on a small island like Maui, sometimes it pays to know the right people and Joel just happened to know someone who was able to hook us up! It was AMAZING. The tickets included dinner and drinks and an amazing concert - we were SO CLOSE to the stage (even closer than the time a few years ago when I had front row seats to Aerosmith when Kiss opened for them!). Steven Tyler even touched me when he walked through the crowd at one point, squeezing between me and another person (it was a tight squeeze, so it was a full-body brush-up - I was LOVING it!!). Joel was behind me just pushing me further into him, giving me a big thumbs up! He's such a supportive husband - gotta love him! ;-) Anyway, so that experience takes up a big part of Project Life Week 34 as you can imagine!


But I did save some room for more Dean cuteness. Here's a close-up of Dean and his lady friend Shalin after school one day and Dean being super giggly on the couch. Love that kid.

Any other Project Lifers out there?

3 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I'm so impressed that you've kept it up all year! LOVE this! I will do PL next year. I am bound and determined!!

Basement Stamper said...

I love your album, I'm a PL'er although I'm a little behind I'm good at planning and getting caught up pretty quick. Would love to see you designing for PL (you know they have a call going on now). Especially LOVED your story about Steven Tyler rubbing up on you ;-) What a great husband, he's a keeper!

Charlotte said...

I love your PL layouts! I found you via IG & I'm starting PL next year (well, next week actually!) and I'm finding you very inspiring! Great work!