Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 2

Hi there! I've been meaning to write this post all week and just now have a few minutes free to get it done. We're in the middle of a major Room Makeover for Dean that is reminding me why I really don't like DIY projects. ugh. The only thing left to do is paint, which will be done tomorrow, then that project can be marked off the 2013 To-Do List!! YAY! So anyway, I was super excited to receive my Seafoam kit in the mail really quickly and had it in hand before I started working on this week's layout. I mixed and matched a few things from that kit with more Studio Calico PL goodies as well as some of their cut files and printables. There definitely seemed to be a yellow theme this week, although I didn't set out with that in mind. I just kept reaching for yellow. But it works I think.


I used another 3x4 Calendar Card on the left side of the layout, with the week circled. I recolored it to match the yellow in the Seafoam kit. I also used lots of Studio Calico printables as well as that fun days of the week cut file. I'm starting to get the hang of my Silhouette Cameo and this past week finally figured out how to use the Print and Cut feature - AWESOME! The paper under the days of the week cutout and the brownish arrow paper are both from the SC Project Life kit.


The right side has more printables from Studio Calico (labels, 3x4 cards, etc) as well as some of my new favorite alpha stickers that came in the Block Party kit. That "love this life" cutout is from the Silhouette store and was designed by Lori Whitlock I believe (I've had it for awhile now but never used it). I also put together a fun collage in the upper left in order to get lots of fun pictures from Dean's 1st Grade Field Trip that week (they went on a Whale Watch boat trip one morning. Unfortunately the whales weren't in the mood to put on much of a show, so they only saw 2 whales, but it's still fun for the kids to get out of the classroom and out on the ocean. The Pacific Whale Foundation also does a really cool classroom presentation in their research center at the harbor - so it was a fun morning for the kids!).


And that's it for Week 2. I'll be working on Week 3 either tomorrow after we finish painting or possibly on Monday when we get home from the beach (It's a holiday and we spend holidays at the beach around here!). How's everyone else doing with Project Life?

1 comment:

Shannon Willis said...

You have inspired me to start a PL album. I love your work and go so many fresh ideas. Thanks for sharing the places to get free print ables.