Sunday, October 20, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 37

Week 37: September 8 - September 14, 2013


This week, I was super low on photos. But it worked out. It always somehow manages to. I attended a really fun Field Trip at the Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum with Dean's class where we learned all about what it was like for the many different immigrant children growing up on the Sugar Plantation. It was also the week the PT department at Kaiser (where I work) moved into our new clinic.  But other than those 2 events and one photo of Dean playing Sunday morning, I didn't have many photos. I filled the space with a drawing Dean did of a golf course (I have no idea what possessed him to draw a golf course??), and a card he made specifically for me to put in Project Life - with absolutely no prompting from me, I swear (adorable). I also trimmed down the brochure from an art exhibit my Mom took Dean to see over the weekend.

I'd like to make a note here and say that Dean draws A LOT - often, if his drawings look like they'll fit into a pocket of Project Life, I'll tuck them away to save for weeks like this. I don't concern myself too much that they weren't necessarily produced this exact week. I only hold onto them for a few months, then cycle through to having a new batch at the ready. I say this a lot, but 20+ years from now, I won't care if I got the exact date right on the drawing, it will still be a great representation of Dean's artwork in the fall of 2013 when he was 6 yrs old. That's good enough for me. I try to keep the "Big Picture" of these albums in mind when I'm struggling with weeks like this when I don't have many photos and I might be using a drawing he made 3 or 4 weeks ago. Does it really matter? No. Not at all.


Products used this week: Seafoam kit, as usual, along with a few cards from the Midnight and Jade kits.  The "Let's Do This" and "Right Here" cards as well as the wood veneer calendar card are from Studio Calico. I also used a few Studio Calico digital printable labels. Kept things pretty simple. Photos and words.


And now some stats, because I think it's fun when Elise Cripe does this, so here ya go:

Ratio of photos taken by Jen to photos taken by Joel: 8 to 0 (and 1 taken by a coworker)
Ratio of Galaxy S4 Phone Photos to "real camera" photos: 9 to 0

I will be sharing a link to this post on The Mom Creative blog.

No comments: