Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #112

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I blogged! And it's been a busy week around here. I posted a fun Recycled / Upcycled Paper Mache Easter Egg post on the Sweet Shoppe Blog if you're interested. The eggs turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself! Check it out. I've also been busy on a few other projects I'll be sharing in the next several days. And I'm SUPER excited to get to hang out with my good virtual friend, Anthonette, who I'm sure you all know. She arrived on Maui yesterday to celebrate her Anniversary!! I can't wait to get together with her and meet her adorable little man Kalino and hubby. We've had a few phone conversations in the past few years and I already feel like I know her so well - I can't believe I finally get to meet her in person!! YAY! So we'll be getting together tomorrow and hopefully a few other times this week as well. I'll be sure to take some pics to share with you guys.

But today I'm really here to take care of my Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Post. Because you all know Karen - she's such a hard-ass. I better not miss my post or I have to answer to HER. {yikes}. HA! (kidding. Karen knows I love her. And she's really not THAT much of a hard ass! {wink}). But I am still smarting over that tilted panel from a few weeks ago. She's gonna be paying for that for awhile yet. But this week's sketch isn't too bad. Take a look:


I decided to tear into the fabulous April Key Ingredients Kit for my sample card! It's such a pretty and dainty kit this month.


All that girly-ness is a bit of a stretch for me, but it's been really fun playing with this kit and creating outside my comfort zone! All you shabby-chic lovers will go to town with the April KI kit (click the link to see the kit contents). And today starts Key Ingredients Week over on the KI Blog where the KI Design Team will be sharing projects using the kit all week! But anyway, back to my card. Along with the kit, I used the What's Cookin' Stamp Set and coordinating Apron and Pocket Dies. That yummy flower comes with the April KI kit!

Be sure to stop by all the Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with this week's sketch.
Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

10 comments:

Mary J said...

A gorgeous take on that sketch Jen!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this! You always make the most adorable cards - even if I have to make sure you stay in line... hehe! Have fun with Anthonette! You two will be hillarious!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful, Jen! Love the pretty papers!!!
Have fun with your friend tomorrow! It's always exciting to finally meet in person!

Anonymous said...

Honey!!! This is fantastic! I love that dress paper pieced, you are so smart! Have fun with your pal...it will be us one day!!

Esther said...

I love the combo of pieces on the apron! This card is gorgeous!

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Jen, love it!!! I love the colors and papers you used!! Pure perfection!!!

Karen Motz said...

Lovin' the paper pieced apron and where you placed the sentiment!!!

Dana White said...

Jen I love this idea - fabulous idea with the sketch WAY outside my box!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

LOVE!!!!! That apron is gorgeous.. OH alright!!!.. THe whole card is GORGEOUS!!!!

xx SJ

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Gorgeous!!! :)