Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TESC - From my Heart

I was in need of a special card yesterday. My best friend Sarah and her girlfriend Tiare welcomed a precious 5 lb, 14 oz baby girl, Brooklyn, into the world. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am - that little girl is going to live such a special life and grow up in the most awesome family surrounded by so much love. Not only will she have two beautiful and amazing Mommies and an extended family of Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, Cousins, (and umm, the best Aunty Jen EVER! LOL), but she's going to have one sweet Grandma Les. I've talked about Sarah and her Mom Les on my blog before, so you all already know I love them, so I'll keep all the blubbering to a minimum. But anyway, I wanted to make a special Congrats Grandma card for Mama Les.

Now, Les' style is super girly and she loves anything shabby chic, so I knew I couldn't go wrong by using the April Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions on her card. I also used the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #136. Check it out:


I used the From the Heart stamp set and matching From the Heart Frame Die to make the label thing to hold the kettle. The Kettle, from What's Cookin', was stamped (and paper pieced) and then die-cut with the Kitchen Accessories Dies. The sentiment is from the From the Heart Funnies set. All of the cardstock, patterned paper and the pearls are from the April Key Ingredients Kit.

If you're not yet a subscriber to the Key Ingredients, you really should check it out! The rest of the Key Ingredients DT is sharing projects this week on the KI Blog and you can find even more inspiration in the April KI Gallery and by downloading the April project inspiration sheets!

OK, so how about an adorable baby pic?


That's New Mom Tiare with Baby Brooklyn. Sarah ended up needing a c-section and was still in recovery. I can't wait to go back to the hospital today and love on little Brooklyn and hug Sarah's neck! (visiting hours ended before Sarah came out of recovery last night, so I didn't get to see her before I had to leave). If you have a chance, stop by Sarah's Blog and tell her and Tiare Congratulations! (tell her Jen sent you).

2 comments:

Esther said...

I love everything about your card!!
Baby is adorable!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOW exciting for your friends and for auntie Jen too! What a beautiful life that baby will have wrapped in all that love :) SO happy :) Your card is darling!