Saturday, May 19, 2012

May SFYTT, Post #2

 

It's the 3rd Saturday of May and that means it's time for some more Sketch For You To Try Inspiration from a few of the SFYTT Sisters! Have you had a chance to play along with this month's sketch yet? You've got until March 31st at midnight, so there's still plenty of time to create something and it's a SUPER fun sketch this month! And don't forget we have another amazing sponsor this month - Skipping Stones Designs!



Today, half of the SFYTT Sisters are posting another sample on their blogs using this month's sketch. I decided to play with some fun new digi papers and a mix of old and new Verve Stamps to create an everyday card for my stash. My old hand-made photo-taking set-up bit the dust this week, so I had to take this picture without any type of setup and it's pretty blurry and you can see my messy room in the background. But for a little while at least, this is just how it's going to be.
 

All of those patterned papers are from the Quilting Bee Paper Pack by Robyn Meierotto (Design House Digital). As for all the Verve goodies, I went with my trusty Love Notes label stand-by along with the matching Classy Label Die with a sentiment from All About You layered on top. And those yummy flowers? They're from the new Joyful Blooms stamp set and cut out using the coordinating Joyful Blooms Die Set. I LOVE how well all of my Verve stamps and dies mix and match together - it's so fun digging into my massive stash of Verve and using a little of this and a little of that to create something truly unique.

Be sure to stop by these other SFYTT Sisters' blogs to see what they're sharing today with this month's sketch!

Jen del Muro
Carole Burrage
Jodi Collins
Kerry Johnson
Megan Lock
Susan Liles

OK, that's it from me. Enjoy your weekend everyone! Aloha!

1 comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Jen! Love that plaid background paper - such cheery colors! Great layering of the label, flowers and sentiment, too!