Saturday, May 5, 2012

Verve Diva Inspirations May 2012 Blog Hop

It's May 5th and that means it's time for another Verve Divas Inspirations Blog Hop! On the 5th of each month, the Verve Divas Inspirations Team will be sharing creations using some of our favorite Verve sets from both past and present, and as always, there are PRIZES!!

You can start the hop at the beginning on the Verve Blog and continue on through each fabulous blog - be sure to leave a little comment love along the way and you just might win some Verve goodies of your own! If you arrived here from the talented Jen d's blog, then you're on the right track! (I can't seem to get the graphic for the entire hop list to work, but the entire list should be posted on the Verve Blog or on someone else's blog along the hop).

I was in need of one last Mother's Day card, so I dug into my digital files and printed out some paper and pulled out some of my favorite Verve stamps and got to work.


First, all of that fun paper is printed digi paper from the Sweet Life Digital Paper Pack by Robyn Meierotto (Design House Digitals). The orange scalloped oval label is from the Sweet On You stamp set, a super versatile stamp that I often forget about using (and I still think Julee needs to add this to the Die List!!). The bright pink flower is from the Meditations set while the sentiment is from the gigantic Love Deepens set. I'm really happy with how this card turned out - honestly it's probably one of my favorites I've made in a long time. I love the mix of stamps, colors and patterns. Here's a closer look:


OK, that's it from me. Julee is next on the Hop List and I can't wait to see what fabulousness she's created! Head on over to her blog and check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

34 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

What a fun card with the bright colors -image that- it looks Hawaiian.

Susie said...

I agree with Lisa Lynn...great colors, very tropical looking! Thanks for sharing!

scrappingnana said...

Pretty card. Love the bright colors.

Marsha said...

Lovely colors and layout.

Marisa said...

Fun, bright colours and DPs :) Makes me think of the gorgeous flowers in Hawaii :)

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

I love the bold and cheery colors you used! It's a nice change from the usual pastels that I see for mother's day. :)

jan farnworth said...

love the pretty colors you used.

Carlene said...

Love the colors on your card!

Cyndi said...

Fabulous card! Great Mom's day card with the bright colors!

Christine said...

What a cheerful card! I like the "distressed wood" paper as a backdrop for the bright colors and patterns.

Joni said...

fun and colorful card!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the fun, happy colors and the great layout!

Suzie said...

Very pretty card,lovely papers

KanataNewf said...

definitely a "happy" mother's day card with those fun colours.

Debbie said...

Very pretty! Love the bright colors!

Bashful said...

Nice Spring Colors! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Mother's Day card! So love those colors!

Laraine R said...

Great cards! Love the bright colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a happy card! I love the papers and bright colors!

Tammy said...

AWESOME--Jen!! I'm on my way to the craft cubby to create a Mother's Day Card, too:) This card is simple HAPPY! :) This is a lovely stamp sentiment---the papers are super great and the way you combined everything, is super:)Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!!

Jan Garber said...

I love the font of the Verve sentiment sets! Your colors and layout are superb!

rlovew said...

Fabulous card and so many fun colors and patterns.

Anonymous said...

such a cheerful card with bright colors and patterns for a special occasion!

Anonymous said...

Such bright and fun colors, and I love that pretty flower!

Anonymous said...

bright, beautiful colors!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the different colourful patterns you used and the use of kraft cs for your sentiment.

Sue D said...

Very pretty and colorful!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

oooh, funky and fun! I love the papers!

Ravengirl said...

Very cute! I love the fun and happy colors!

bjmartin said...

I love the combination of the patterns and all the layers. Such a fun card!

Heather said...

The colors on this are so happy!! Makes it so bright and cheery. The lucky mother receiving this one will love it, I'm sure.

Lisa Rea said...

Bright and fun!


Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
www.scrappydistractions.blogspot.com
lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com

Douglas Pullins Jr said...

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

Please Visit Magic of Making Up