Monday, April 21, 2008

1 Layout, 3 Cards

I made this first card for a friend who is expecting a baby girl and liked the layout so much - I couldn't seem to think of anything else and it worked for the other cards, so I stuck with it. As Theresa pointed out over at Addicted to Stamps and Scraps with last week's Weekly Challenge, a good layout can be used over and over again and result in very different cards.


For the first card I used Whisper White textured CS for the card base. The DP is from the Crew Kids Girl Simply Scrappin' kit. I punched a scallop circle out of Basic Grey CS, popped it up on dimensionals and layered on the sentiment on top of a whisper white circle. The sentiment is from the Circle of Friendship stamp set and is stamped in versamark ink on Regal Rose CS, then embossed with white powder. A couple of staples finish it up.

I LOVE this DP mushroom paper from Heidi Grace! I used Creamy Caramel textured CS for the card base and added a strip of Close to Cocoa attached with brads. I punched out the circle mushroom, added a large acrylic page pebble and popped it up on dimensionals. The sentiment, from the Absolutely Fabulous stamp set, is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

I finally used my Tart and Tangy stamp set and Summer Picnic DP again for this last card. The card base is Bashful Blue textured CS and I used Old Olive CS for the scallop circle punch and Old Olive poly-twill ribbon. The "sweet" sentiment is from the So Very stamp set.

You can see how easy it is to take a sketch that you like, change a few things and voila! you have a completely different card!

No comments: