Friday, April 18, 2008

Sketch Challenge

Yes, I've been quite busy today with my challenge submissions!! Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.



I needed a kid's birthday card and just got this stamp set last week, so I needed to get it inky! I used Brilliant Blue CS, Bashful Blue textured CS, Whisper White CS, and some Jersey Shore DSP. I stamped the three worms/bug on top of each other (using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig of course) in Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie. I tied the whole thing with a little Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain. I combined the sentiment "Sending worm wishes on your bug day" (only inking up the "bug day") and "happy birthday" (only inking "happy") from Family Phrases - I wanted to keep the sentiment simple to go with the simple layout, so it needed to be shorter. Anyway, I think it turned out fun!

Here's the sketch:


No comments: