Friday, April 4, 2008

Thinking of You

I bought these great new Crystal Stickers at my local scrapbooking store, Island Paperie, this morning and couldn't wait to use them. I knew exactly whatI wanted to use them for - flower centers. I made this cute card for a friend who is going through a rough time right now - she just lost her job when Aloha Airlines suddenly went out of business earlier this week. A LOT of people here in Hawaii were affected by this business news. Anyway, hopefully my card will bring a little smile to her face.Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Wild Wasabi Textured Cardstock, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, & Bashful Blue; Patterned paper is "Cheeky" from Making Memories.
Other Supplied: Blender pen and ink for watercoloring image, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, Crystal Stickers.

You can't tell in the pic, but the sentiment is a rub-on from the Love & Happiness Sale-a-Bration set. After I stamped and watercolored the image on whisper white cardstock, I re-stamped it on Ruby Red cardstock and used my hobby knife to cut out the 3 larger flowers. The petals are slightly curled up to give the card some dimension.

1 comment:

Paula said...

What great cards you have. The colours I just love!