Sunday, August 10, 2008

DONE - Anni-Verve-Sary Sketch Challenge

Whew! I finished up my last 3 cards for Verve's Anni-Verve-Sary Sketch Challenge - that's 12 cards in 3 days...may be some kind of record for me! Overall, I'm very pleased with all of my cards except one of them (I don't like the palm tree card...ugh). Here are the final 3....

AVS10: I flipped this sketch around - it just seemed to work better that way with the paper and sentiment I chose to use. Once again, I used some of my new Chatterbox DP along with Old Olive, Kraft and Pink Pirouette CS. The main image, from Verve's Floral Whimsy, was stamped in both Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red ink on Pink Pirouette and is popped up on dimensionals. I added some pearls and a crochet flower for a little dimension. I REALLY REALLY love this paper!!

AVS11: My husband's aunt had surgery last week and I needed a card to send her. I wanted to use this new (at least new for me) Basic Grey paper (from the LilyKate line) and this sketch was perfect!! The flower image, from Thankful Blossoms, was stamped on the same patterned paper as the larger background (which is also the inside of the card) and cut out by hand. The largest petals were cut all the way to the center and popped up on dimensionals (I stole this idea from the Verve Queen herself, Julee - see this card!!). You can't really see it in the picture, but those curved petals give the flower a ton of depth. The "smile" sentiment is actually from Starlight Starbright, I just inked up the smile from "Your Smile Lights up the Stars" with my Chocolate Chip SU marker. I topped the card off with a strip of Kraft CS, some Chocolate Chip ribbon, a half pearl for the flower center and stamped one of the smaller flowers from Thankful Blossoms on the inside.

AVS12: Lastly, I needed a boy's birthday card for my friend's son who is turning 5 in a few weeks. I've had this idea running through my head for his card and I thought this sketch worked out quite well for it! Once again, I flipped the sketch around to make it a horizontal card. I used some great Scenic Route DP paper and my Cricut (Base Camp Cartridge) to cut out the numbers in Whisper White CS. I stamped Happy Birthday, from Verve's Happy Thoughts in Basic Black ink on Whisper White CS and cut out with nestabilities. The oval around the 5 and the scalloped circle, both from Bashful Blue CS, were also cut with nestabilities. Finally, some small silver brads along the right side.
There you have it...the last of my 12 Anni-Verve-Sary sketches!! Hope you enjoyed them and have had a chance to play along. Be sure to head over to the Verve Forum on Splitcoast and check out everyone else's awesome creations!!!

No comments: