Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sugarplum Paperie Goodies

First, off, head on over to the Sugarplum Paperie blog and check out this post - YAY ME!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to have joined this fabulous team! It's only been a few days and I feel like I've known some of them for years! What a great group - I'm so fortunate to be a part of this team. I'll be adding a new blogroll in the right column of my fellow hybrid team members' blogs, so you can check out all of their cool projects too! And how lucky am I to get to work with Nicole's TOTALLY AWESOME digital goodies!?!?!? WOW. She is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!!!

Anyway, here are a few projects I was working on today with the new Mango Sorbet collaboration with Andrea Burns, which will be available tomorrow (Thursday, Aug 27) at the Digichick. (AND it's 20% off Thursday only, so hurry!!!!) It is such a cool kit - I have so many projects planned for this weekend, so be sure to check back to see what else I have in store with this kit!!
This first card was a special request for my Mom, who needed a 50th Anniversary card for some friends - she is CONSTANTLY asking me to make her "Hawaiian-loooking" cards, which is very hard because there aren't that many cute Hawaiian / Tropical kits out there (hint hint hint Nicole if you're reading this!!!!!) :-) Well, that super sweet swirly flower image reminds me a lot of a ginger blossom for some strange reason. And aren't these colors GREAT?? The flower image, the striped paper, the peachy colored paper strip, and the plum paper with the "50" (which is from Nicole's Clear White Alpha) were all printed on SU Whisper White textured CS - which turned out surprisingly well!! I sponged all of the edges with Chocolate Chip ink, used my nestabilities dies to cut out the "50" circle and a Chocolate Chip scallop circle, and added some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Finally, the sentiment is from Verve's Anniversary Birds set, stamped in chocolate chip ink on the printed digital paper. So ya see - traditional paper crafters CAN go digital!!!!!!
This next project is also for my Mom, mostly to get her off my back about those damn "Hawaiian-looking" cards she keeps asking for!!! :-). This is a set of 6 notecards (3.5x5 inches) - soooo simple - just printed on white CS and folded in half. Really, that's IT. Then I printed out some more of the Mango Sorbet papers, adding a bracket box thing from Twitter Blossoms with the word "Aloha" for the box top, and put together a very simple box to hold the card set in. Now hopefully my Mom will leave me alone for awhile!!!

No comments: