Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SU Gift Set

I made this cute little "Good Luck" gift set for my blogging buddy, Nancy Riley, who recently started a new job. I wanted to wait to post it until I knew she had received it so I didn't ruin the surprise!
I used SU Summer Picnic DP, Real Red, Old Olive & Bashful Blue CS. The little notebook was made by covering a couple of coasters and cutting several sheets of Whisper White CS for pages, then binding with my bind-it-all. I think the giant paperclip bookmark think is self-explanatory - I used the new SU set Wow Flowers and added some Bashful Blue grosgrain. For the card, I got to try out my new Top Notes die in my new SU Big Shot machine - I love this die!!! I first cut the Real Red CS, then cut a piece of the DP that has the polka dot bashful blue print. I but the piece of printed blue in half. The sentiment on the card is from Short & Sweet. I used the same papers and again the Top notes die to make the little goodie bag topper - I just folded the bracket shape in half and added my scallop, circles & sentiments (which was from the One of a Kind set). Oh, and those are some yummy Maui Caramacs in the goodie bag!!! - Chocolate & Caramel covered macadamia nuts ---mmmm!!!

4 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Jen, I am truly blessed to be the lucky recipient of this awesome gift set!!! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH, my friend! I love love love it! You completely MADE my day!!!!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh Jen...this is fabulous!

Cat said...

i just found your blog from a link on Nancy's [iStamp] blog and i'm so glad i di. i just LOVE your art - i've got you added to my G-reader list :) TFS

Rhonda Kelly said...

Jen~That is such a great little package that you sent to Nancy. I read about it on her blog! I love everything about it! So cute and very thoughtful.