Monday, July 20, 2009

Battle of the Creative Teams - Please Vote for Us!

So Round 1 of Battle of the Creative Teams over at Digi Scrap Addicts is finished and the voting has started. Please go HERE and vote for "Libby Lou Crew"!!! :-)

I am participating in this Super Cool 4-week digi contest with 4 other girls from Libby Weifenbach's Creative Team. AND - I'm one of only a few (2 I think) Hybrid Artists in the contest. The first round was really tough as a hybrid artist. The challenge this first week was to make a white space (or negative space) layout. The team layouts must have a common color scheme and as a bonus, the team was to try to come up with a common overall theme. Our team's overall theme was "family" and here's the color scheme we decided to work with (plus a Kraft / corkboard color):
So, white space on a hybrid project?? crap. Here's what I ended up creating (and I have to say I'm SO STOKED with how this turned out):

It's a Family Message Center - a place for the Tapler Family to stick all those important message and reminders about upcoming events and other family "stuff" - making it easier for us to squeeze it that all-important "together" quality time!!

I started with a white 12x12 Scrapbook page shadow box frame, removing the glass. I added a piece of 12x12 corkboard, which is what I used as my "white space". I altered both the outside of the frame and the inside with printed digi papers. I printed out several digi embellishments from 2 of my fave Libby kits - Top of the World and Porkchops & Applesauce, cut them out and attached them in layered clusters around a recent family photo in the bottom right corner. In the top left corner, I used one of the alphas from Top of the World, overlapping the letters slightly, to form "family", then typed out "time" using the font DJB Brittany by Darcy Baldwin. I added some more of the cool swirly things and it was pretty much done!! It was a lot of work, but I do think it fit the challenge requirements quite nicely and I'm so happy with how it turned out!!

So anyway, here's where I really beg for your votes!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go vote for us!! The winners will all receive a $10 gift certificate to EACH of the participating designers' digi stores!! (and you'll see when you click on the link that there are A LOT of really fab designers with teams participating!!). I'm no big thing AT ALL in the digi world, so I'm really relying on all my "paper friends" to come out and vote for me!! So head on over to THIS PAGE and remember to select "Libby Lou Crew" and submit your vote!! (hurry! Polls close Tuesday night).

THANK YOU so much!!! You guys rock!!

4 comments:

B said...

Love this! :) What a cute idea! Best of luck - just went to go vote for you guys!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Jen! Great job!! I voted!

Tethered2Home said...

Your submissions for the challenges totally ROCK!

Justine said...

Jen this is fantastic, great job